Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet no longer offer an email only account

FIXED
Chrisbrown2106
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Plusnet no longer offer an email only account

I advised plusnet on 3 March that I would be transferring my broadband to another provider on 21 March.  I requested an email only account with plusnet.   Alex whom I spoke to raised a requested for the email only account and thanked me for the advance notice.  Today I attempted to log into my plusnet account as I understood from the forum that the email accounts would need to be recreated.  I was unable to log into my account so telephoned plusnet to ask how long it would take before I could access my emails again.  It was at this point I was told that plusnet no longer offer email only accounts.  My requested (ticket) had been picked up by someone presumably in technical who said proceeded to ignore it because you don't offer these kind of accounts anymore.  No one bothered to tell me so I have come on here to warn other users of this fact.  I am now in the position where I am unable to access any emails sent to my old address which puts me in an extremely difficult position as I am currently dealing with the Court of Protections.  I was also informed today that in the future (although no timescale could be given) plusnet will no longer provide any email accounts.  I cannot begin to tell you how angry I am at the situation plusnet have put me in by not simply telling me at the beginning of March that an email account would not be possible.  A simply phone call or email would have sufficed.  I am not going to move my mobile contract as plusnet no longer deserve any business.  Please be very careful about your future provision of email/broadband/mobile phones.

56 REPLIES 56
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Plusnet no longer offer an email only account

Hi @Chrisbrown2106,

I'm really sorry to see the bad experience you've had and how we've handled this.

I've double checked our process flow which agents should be following, and I can confirm that we are still able to restore a Plusnet account to email only, if this was requested before cancellation.

I can't find your account from the details you've given in your forum profile to take a closer look. Can you private message me your account username? I'd like to look at putting things right with you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jay
Hooked

Seem this week to have been locked out of using the freely offered FREE webmail service after a long membership with PlusNet which I loved.   |Mine wasda modest account but valued .  As a BT customer for 60+ years, \i\ wanted to stick with the brand even though an arms length deal, so have asked WHY the sudden change with no warning....?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Jay 

Can you please expand on that?  There has been no change to existing users' access to email.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

collinsdesign
Dabbler

I raised a question yesterday about the same subject. I was asking about the correct sequence to port 'phone number to Sipgate and downgrade to email only with domain hosting and was told by [CSA Removed] in the Customer Advocates that "we would not be able to keep your account open for mail only and domain services. Your best option would be to transfer your domain to an alternative host. "

Can someone please explain to all concerned what the answer is? The plusnet leaving policy clearly states that email accounts and domain hosting are still options when ceasing the full broadband and phone service.

Edit:- Removed CSA name.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @collinsdesign,

I'm really sorry for the incorrect information we've given, so I've arranged for feedback to be passed on.

I can indeed confirm we are currently able to provide you with an e-mail only account. You'll need to call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to arrange this before your account is cancelled. The adviser should then be creating a ticket for us to monitor and once your account has been cancelled, we'll raise a NetOps task to reactivate it.

When that's been done, you'll need to go to Manage My Mail at plus.net/email to re-create all of your email addresses and settings again, then let us know afterwards and we can restore your mail & contents back. 

During the time between your account being cancelled to your email addresses restored, no-one will be able to send you emails & you won't be able to send any yourself, and the whole process normally takes around a week.

As part of the email only account, we can carry on registering & hosting your domain and webspace. 

If you have any issues at all, feel free to prod me. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
collinsdesign
Dabbler

Gandalf,

Thanks for the prompt reply. How long will the ticket to monitor the account stay active after I phone? A week without email is a long time, so I'll have to time the move carefully, and it makes sense to raise the ticket now so it is on the system and I can port the number to Sipgate at short notice, and trigger the account close/downgrade.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's not a case of how long a ticket can remain open as these can stay open for however long's necessary.

I'm basing the estimated timeframe on how long it'll take for us to pick up the ticket once your account's closed, then how long it'll take for NetOps to reactivate your account. We would then need NetOps again to restore your mail, once you've recreated your email addresses and settings (I'd recommend making a note of them all in advance).

If you can prod me once your account's cancelled, I can make sure we pick up the ticket as soon as we can, which should be within 24-48 hours, but NetOps can generally take 3 to 5 working days to action anything we send over to them as they're a really small team and busy folk. You'll need to first still though call Customer Options. 

Let me know if any of these though doesn't make sense. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
collinsdesign
Dabbler

Gandalf,

Yes, thanks. That all makes sense apart from the last sentence. By calling customer options do you mean call to raise the original pre-termination ticket, or an additional call?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@collinsdesign Gandalf means call to raise the 'pre-termination ticket', as you call it.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

and I can port the number to Sipgate at short notice, and trigger the account close/downgrade.

@collinsdesign a number port will take a minimum of 7 working days

https://basichelp.sipgate.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/208094625-How-long-will-it-take-to-port-my-phone-n...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@collinsdesign wrote:

Gandalf,

Yes, thanks. That all makes sense apart from the last sentence. By calling customer options do you mean call to raise the original pre-termination ticket, or an additional call?

I believe @jab1 has answered for me Smiley You'll just need to call us on 0800 013 2632 before your account's cancelled. 

If you can then let me know once your account's cancelled, I can get the ball rolling to reactivate it for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Chrisbrown2106

I'm happy to confirm we've converted your account to Plusnet Mail now.

If you can head on across to Manage My Mail at plus.net/email to recreate your email addresses you've had before then let me know once you've done so, I can make sure we restore your mail & contents back.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisbrown2106
Grafter
Fixes: 1

@Gandalf I have gone to Manage My Mail on the link you provide.  I am able to log in but I cannot recreate my additional email addresses that I previously had.  Regardless of which heading I click I cannot find Manage My Mail and each page shows the same message "your account is closing down so you cannot make any changes to your service".  When I click on the broadband link this shows the broadband service as "produce: mail".  I assume these additional mailboxes are no longer available.  Could arrange for any previously undelivered emails to be released?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Chrisbrown2106 

We seem to have an issue with email only accounts at the moment in that the Manage My Email link is missing. I've raised it with the right people and posted here > https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Email-Settings-is-missing/m-p/1863591/highlight/true#M39269

Once you've logged into your account, could you navigate to plus.net/email as this should take you to the right page that's currently "hidden" from view it seems. 

Let me know how it goes as I can't restore your emails until the mailboxes are recreated.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet