cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

mikep
Dabbler

Re: No Email Access

I'm still missing 99% of email from yesterday and i still cant login, I even get a holding page from plus net saying email is broken yet the status says you "should" be able to login. Useless.

smallblueplanet
Rising Star

I can't login to my email still. Nothing has changed since yesterday!

grahamt
Rising Star

Ditto. I also can't log in to Plusnet email and neither can my partner (unsurprising as her email is linked to my account).

A couple of messages have come through this morning.

Let's hope things start working again as the backlog clears.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I get my office email forwarded to one of my Plusnet mailboxes. From what I can see on the office server logs, the PN mail servers have been reporting 'a temporary error' . This causes a properly configured email server to attempt to retry the send but at increasing intervals. In my case the office server sent an advisory 'weve been trying for 3 hrs' but it continues to try and has managed to send most of the stacked mail this morning.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

breslaw
Rising Star

@jezport From this thread. Several people claiming to have been told that Plusnet are planning to end email services in a year or two. No evidence to support that yet though.

Yes there is. Yesterday was a trial run 🙂

pwberry
Dabbler

Thought I was out of the woods this morning,  but no.  Able to connect,  and a big backlog of mail landed (though with no way of establishing that it's the entire backlog).  

But can't send mail - "server unavailable or not accepting connections".   I'm self-employed and sincerely hope this isn't going to be another overnight fix and another day lost. 

I'd rather hope that Plusnet come clean about their intentions re. email, given the comments above. I've had my metronet account for (I think) about 20 years, and I can't move to another address lightly.  I'd happily pay for a stable, supported service, rather than a freebie that's wobbly.  

jcs1167957
Dabbler

Receiving emails is still unreliable. I have just received a text from my credit card company stating that their email to me had been rejected.

I am still unable to send any emails using PlusNet. Is this ever going to be fixed? This is the worst outage I can recall in over 25 years of using the Internet. I have been with PlusNet since 2003. 

elkieluca
Grafter

Not able to send emails

I can get my emails now but I’m still not able to send emails, they get returned.  

DigbyChicken
Dabbler

Re: No email this morning 10 November

PN, for historic reasons, effectively now run my domain and the emails that are linked to that (I use both for my freelance work). A few emails dribbled through overnight to my phone but have now stopped. Desktop Outlook hasn't downloaded a thing since Tuesday night. My webpage isn't available. Not expecting anyone here to solve anything, but just wanted to vent. 😉

madswitcher
Pro
Fixes: 1

Receive is up, (as far as I can see), but sending is definitely down and the server (relay) keeps disconnecting

Mike

coastergrotto
Grafter

Re: Not able to send emails

The same applies to me.   Not able to send emails from any of my Plusnet email accounts.     

GlobalSteve
Dabbler

Missing emails since the November unable to 'login issue' resolve

During the unfortunate outage over the last 36hrs as people could not login to receive their emails, I sent a few test emails from other external accounts to my Plusnet (and associated) email addresses. 

Out of ten test emails sent ONLY ONE OF THE TEST EMAILS ARRIVED after the resolve for their system issues. 

This clearly indicates that resolve for the login problems has indeed LOST email sent to the account holder.  So as my own test results have proved that only 10% of the incoming email actually arrived after the resolve, it raises the question how many other important emails are mssing that have been sent to us.  This is like the postal service loosing our letters. Not good, not good at all.

davev1
Hooked

Hi All.

I seem to have full service back both for receive and send.

My SMTP server connection does not use authentication. Just a thought, since the receiving fault was down to authentication failure, if you have sending failure are you using authentication?

breslaw
Rising Star

In dribs and drabs, in no particular order, emails from the past 36 hours are arriving (via Thunderbird) on my desktop. However I still can't send anything; Thunderbird reports:-

"The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) relay.plus.net was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again."

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Attention Plusnet - Major E-mail Issues

Hope you're all well.

Customers should now be able to log in their Plusnet email, however they may experience a delay when sending and receiving emails. We’re working to fix this as quickly as possible and we’re sorry for the inconvenience caused. Plusnet broadband and mobile services are not affected

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds