cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Webmail problems.

colintivy
Rising Star

New Webmail problems.

I do not know where these ought to be covered elsewhere since the Roundcube forum is no more. If any one has coped with this tell me where! If not let us form one!!
I  took part in the RC Trial and benefited a lot from the discussion there. I now use the new Webmail option as a matter of choice. Still think that the SQ address book was much handier. My problem now is a difficulty in printing anything in an email that is longer than A4 or contains more that one page. All I get is page 1 and have to use the Snipping Tool in Win7 to get some sort of document(s) containing the surplus. I know that Win Access 2000 databases automatically divide a long table into A4 sheets which is what I would like in emails etc., The same remarks apply to printing my address book entries which as about 100 entries long at present..
Any views out there?
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: New Webmail problems.

I've just printed the Plusnet Home Phone service email from RC as a test. Though the printer dialogue said 1 of 1 pages to be printed the output spreads over two pages, both with the correct header and footer lines. All the content is printed.
This is from RC running in Firefox 15.0.1 on Vista 32-bit. The printer is a USB connected HP PSC 2355 all-in-one.
David
colintivy
Rising Star

Ah! There must be a way then.
I am running the latest Firefox (can't remember the number) on Win 7 64bit on to an HP845C. This does co-operate with multiple pages well in Word and Access, whether they are due to the paging already in the text or when they just overflow, as I remarked in my post. It also lets me print a specified page in a series. All the indications on the printer dialogue are normal, ie: specifying "all" when the length of the text does look too long but not split into pages. As I say, Access does it beautifully even when a database is one document but actually splits into 3 contiguous pages, all numbered.  Looking at the print preview of, say, my address book, it only shows the one page ending where the space runs out even though there is more to come. So far I have not found any way round this, but explore more unless someone else has beaten me to it!
Roll_eyes
kmilburn
Grafter

I see the same behaviour  if I try to print the main page or the message page,  however,  if you select 'print this message' from the more actions menu  (the cog),  you get a  new tab/window which should print properly paginated.
If you cancel the print dialog that appears,  then select file->print preview,  you'll get to see what will actually get printed.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Have you tried a select all in the address book frame and then done a print selection?
That's RPM to you!!
colintivy
Rising Star

No but will when minutes are available.
Thanks.
hellojed

I'm also having problems with roundcube.  I can log in and the menu icon options appear along the top of the screen but I don't see anything else.  No list of messages, nothing.  I'm using Chrome.  This has been going on for a few weeks now.  I've reverted back to Squirrelmail.