Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail bouncing to gmail

FIXED
sunnyrio
Grafter

Mail bouncing to gmail

I get this 50% of the time I email two friends on gmail:

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-5.7.26 This message does not pass authentication checks (SPF and DKIM both

I gather this is something to do with your email system's security not being high enough.

I'm having to ask in here because there seems to be no way of contacting Plusnet about email, none of the choices are about email.

Also, I hear Plusnet may be removing their email service, if so I will be removing my custom.  Removing such an important part of my connection is beyond absurd and they will destroy their business, losing half their customers instantly.

125 REPLIES 125
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Mail bouncing to gmail

@sunnyrio This is nothing to do with Plusnets security levels and all to do with Gmails incorrect implementation of the rules - it has been discussed numerous times on here.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@sunnyrio 

Are you using an email client on your computer? If so are you using the settings here? They have changed over the years to improve security. https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

As to whether Plusnet will lose half their customers if they do stop offering a free email service, my money would be that this is vastly pessimistic. There are many free services such as gmail etc. in use and most who still use Plusnet mail will simply move to one of these (I suspect that the majority of customers already have one of these accounts). A professional email service is not that expensive either.

I think that you will find that many of the budget ISPs no longer offer email services so you may end up paying considerably more for a broadband connection that includes a service that is free elsewhere anyway.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

sunnyrio
Grafter

I've changed the port to 587 if that will make a difference.

"Simply" move to another email provider?  No, no, and thrice no.  Changing email address is like moving house, I've somehow got to find the hundreds and hundreds of companies, forums, friends, etc that know my email address and change it with them.  This a monumental task.  If you remove my email service, I will leave.  Immediately.

And for you to suggest gmail, the very service which as discussed above is badly broken, is beyond absurd.  Goodbye and good riddance.

sunnyrio
Grafter

Do you know where it's been discussed?  (I've searched and not found it).  I would like technical details so I can tell my friends to complain to gmail.

jab1
Legend

@sunnyrio wrote:

Do you know where it's been discussed? 

Have a search on this board - I don't have the time to find the numerous topics at the moment.

John
sunnyrio
Grafter

Searching for that just comes up with many confused people.  Thanks for not bothering to help.

jab1
Legend

Sorry you feel that way, but there are topics which discuss it in detail, answered quite often by the forum expert on such matters. BTW - I do have a life, and other things to do, away from the forum.

John
sunnyrio
Grafter

Topics which I cannot find.  I would of course prefer to speak to a paid Plusnet member of staff, but they took that away too.  Why do you bother coming in here if you're only making half an attempt?

jab1
Legend

If you are going to fling insults around - expect no help from me on this, or any other, subject.

John
sunnyrio
Grafter

Plusnet used to be the best, not any more.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.plus.net 

Plusnet Reviews

9,466    Poor

TrustScore 2 out of 5

sunnyrio
Grafter

I haven't received any help.  And it wasn't an insult it was a statement of fact.

jab1
Legend

And with your attitude, you are unlikely to do so -  goodbye.

John
sunnyrio
Grafter

You're missing the point, you replied to me with a useless answer then refuse to give me a better one, then tell me if I'm rude you won't do what you're not doing anyway.  Wow....

jab1
Legend