cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing spam folder

Surfer
Grafter

Accessing spam folder

I am having a legitimate Gmail & pobox.com email being blocked and I need to access the spam folder on my account to view it.  Where do I access this folder and to get messages released?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Accessing spam folder

Moderator's Note

This topic has been moved from My Account/Billing to Email

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

@Surfer  what happens to Spam email and where it goes , depends on your Spam settings. Login to your account , goto https://www.plus.net/manage_my_mail and click the Spam tab to check your settings

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Surfer
Grafter

Sorry Baldrick1 I have no idea what the "thumb" is.  All I need to do is to view the spam messages, mark sender as being "safe" and have the emails released.  Thanks.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@Surfer 

If you can't find it after following @MisterW's instructions then note that by default emails with a high Spam score are automatically discarded:

spam.png

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Surfer
Grafter

MisterW I have followed your advice and have tried to update the Spam settings as the the options which to me are as clear as mud, but hopefully I have selected the correct option and will now be able to view spam messages. The aggressiveness of the spam filter was set to maximum and have now changed it to medium.

The emails come from a forum which I have been a member of for over 12 years so not sure why the filter has decided that everything from there is spam including Gmail.  Case now of wait and see.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

@Surfer I'd certainly suggest setting the 'Discard Obvious Spam' to Off.  Then check the 'Add SPAM to the subject line'. You can then choose whether Spam goes to a separate SPAM folder or to Inbox. I personally have the aggressiveness set to minimum.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.