cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish/Freenetname query

Lunar_Jetman
Dabbler

Madasafish/Freenetname query

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help confirm the size of the mailboxes I should have with my Webmail services. I had a Freenetname account that transferred to Madasafish and then Plusnet and just have Webmail services.

I seem to find the mailboxes I have fill up very quickly so I was wondering what size it should be? I read this post https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Madasfish-erroneous-email-over-quota-message/m-p/1689068

which suggested 250Mb for Madasafish customers but mine are filling up much smaller than that so I’m wondering if there is anything I’m missing?

15 REPLIES 15
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Madasafish/Freenetname query

Hello @Lunar_Jetman

Thanks a lot for reaching out. Correct, the storage limit for your inbox is 250Mb. I'm not able to get into it to see whether it's full though to be honest, might be worth checking the sizes of individual folders that you might have to give you a better idea of where the bulk of your emails are stored.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

People often forget that the size includes all folders - sent and deleted often get over looked when considering the utilisation figures. It’s not the number of items but the size of them. 30 emails each with a decent phone picture could well use up most of 250MB.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lunar_Jetman
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply. I’ve had a busy week so only just managed to look at this again which coincides with this mailbox seeming to fill up again.

We don’t really use webmail for it so it’s only downloaded on a mobile phone for this mailbox or the Outlook client. I’ve just checked the webmail client and can see 455 items in the inbox. The drafts, sent, junk and deleted items folders are all empty. Now with webmail you can’t see the overall size of the items or mailbox so I’ve set up a new account in Outlook so I can see the contents in a separate folder. This shows me 455 items totalling 50.2Mb. Which suggests that when it gets to 50mb the mailbox stops working, some way off the expected 250Mb…

Any suggestions?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for your response @Lunar_Jetman

On Plusnet Webmail, if you go to Settings > Folders > Click on each folder > You should then be able to see the folder size.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Lunar_Jetman
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply @adam945 

I find the web client for Madasafish/Freenetname access to be flakey these days if I’m honest. E.g. Jusr spent the last 10 minutes trying to look at it again but regularly get FETCH errors. I did get it to work when the mailbox appeared full and it showed 50Mb… Currently has 34Mb in it so working for now.

Are you able to check a mailbox in any way? 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Lunar_Jetman

I'm sorry to see the issues you're having with webmail. 

We can't see your mailbox size from looking at your account so I've raised a task with our NetOps team as they should be able to from the backend system. I'll let you know within 3 working days once I've had a response back. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Lunar_Jetman

I've just dropped you a reply on the ticket 218743236 with how much you've used of your mailbox.

You can view/reply to this by going here https://secure.madasafish.com/contact/tickets.shtml

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lunar_Jetman
Dabbler

Thanks, I’ve just replied to that message with some more detail.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I've just added a reply now for you

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lunar_Jetman
Dabbler

Thanks again. I’ve replied to your message. Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers, I've picked it up and responded back.

The ticket's in my 'personal pool' so I'll pick it up whenever you respond to it Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lunar_Jetman
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf, I’ve just sent you a message as requested.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks @Lunar_Jetman 

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't in the office over the weekend.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lunar_Jetman
Dabbler

hi, I’ve sent a couple of messages again but it’s basically currently not working