cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving plusnet - awful service

zldq2

Leaving plusnet - awful service

After many tears with plusnet I decided to leave plusnet. I agreed to keep access to my email. Date was set for the 8th. But, plusnet closed account on the 7th. No internet for 12 hours. Today, no email. Apparently, message wasnt sent across departments. Will take 1-5 days to sort out!! Just awful
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Leaving plusnet - awful service

The early closure shouldn't have happened, but sadly, the accounts function, especially, within Plusnet  is a total shambles, although I personally must have been lucky as the very few times I have had to call them, things have gone reasonably smoothly, but you only need to read these forums to note the number of foul-ups that occur.

As regards the email, that can take up to 3 days, even in a normal switchover.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Account/ Billing to email 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @zldq2 

I'm sorry to see the issues you've had.

Having reviewed this from what I can see your new provider transferred your services across to themselves yesterday and we closed your account on this day as well, to be precise your account with us closed at Monday 08/03/21 14:12.

I suspect either the new provider carried out some work too soon or you may have been experiencing a fault with your service. Ultimately though we've done what your new provider has told us and cancelled your account yesterday.

Reactivating an account to a free email service is a manual process from our network operations team. I've raised a task there now which will be picked up as soon as possible (generally within 48 hours).

Once the account's reactivated, you'll need to go to manage my mail at plus.net/email to reinstate your email addresses you had. If you've lost mail then we can restore your mailbox(es) as they were when the account was cancelled. Unfortunately any emails that are sent to you before the email address is reinstated will bounce back to the sender.

I'll post back to let you know once the account's been reactivated. I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
zldq2

Thanks Gandalf

Hopefully the email comes back soon. I will keep an eye out for your post

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem @zldq2 

We've reactivated your account and I understand the adviser you spoke to yesterday phoned you back this morning to resetup your email address. We've restored your mail to that mailbox now so it should be working as it was when your account was cancelled. Let us know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet