cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with receiving email

Surfer
Grafter

Issues with receiving email

In the morning I open Outlook 365 and get my email and continue to receive emails for awhile no issue.  Then for some reason I can no longer receive emails and get the following message;

Task 'I** - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I can close and open Outlook 365 or try Outlook 365, but still get the same error message.  The only way i can get around this is to restart my laptop, then no more issues for that day.  This has only started happening since that email outage about 10 days ago.  This is getting annoying as a real inconvenience having to shut down and restart to get email.

Any advice please?  Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Issues with receiving email

Hi @Surfer

I'm sorry to see you're having issues receiving mail.

Can you check if webmail.plus.net works OK for you, and which settings from our help guide Here are you using to receive mail? Also, do you have your emails setup on any other devices which can receive mail fine?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Surfer
Grafter

Do I replace the pop "mail.plus.net" with "webmail.plus.net" in Outlook?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

No you access webmail in a web browser.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Surfer
Grafter

I am not using webmail and have never used it.  My email client is Outlook 365.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

May be - you were requested to check out accessibility to your mailbox using webmail to verify that there is no issue with your mailbox independent of your outlook set up.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Surfer
Grafter

Eventually found the Plusnet webmail thingy and it is empty i.e. no emails so not sure what I am supposed to check?  BTW every n ow and then I get an email notification to a thread that I subscribed to when we had the email outage and the notification is several days old and I am not longer subscribe to the thread in question.   

The issue here is that initially when logging on I receive emails which to me indicates everything is working okay.  Then for some unknown reason it stops receiving emails and the only way to rectify the issue is to restart my laptop.  As said this issue only started happening after the email outage a couple days ago.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Surfer

Based on what you've said if you have to restart your laptop to get your emails working again, this suggests the issue may be with the mail client and it'd likely be a coincidence that the problem coincided with our email outage.

If you go into the account settings of your email account in Outlook, which settings are you using? 

Also, do you have your emails setup on any other devices which can receive mail fine or do you just use Outlook? 

With regards to the notifications of one of the forum threads, which one are you referring to? Have you made sure to unsubscribe through the Thread Options drop down box on that particular thread?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Surfer
Grafter

I went into Device Manager, Network and removed the wifi set up, restarted the laptop, reinstalled and switched the wifi back on and it seems to be working okay at the moment.

I am definitely unsubscribe from all notifications except this one and unsubscribed straight away after the outage was resolved, but I continued to get notifications a week or so after the post had been posted.  By that time it was in the middle of a thread as if the notification had been generated the same day the post was generated and it got stuck somewhere before being released a week later.  Not a big deal.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Surfer I'm glad to see you've got your emails working normally again now.

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet