cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the email service being withdrawn or not ?

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Re: Is the email service being withdrawn or not ?

@Townman me and @Gandalf have identified a few accounts that are getting this and we have raised it to the backend team. We are waiting for a response from them to see what's going on with it. I thought it was just f9 accounts but its the case of Pnet accounts as well. Will keep an eye and let you know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Capvermell
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@willcutforth Are you @Townman and @Gandalf clear that the email settings associated with my Plusnet account of grenehurst are amongst those affected by the "a change is already in progress" issue that in turn prevents customers accessing their email account settings page from the member login page?

Also are you able to comment any further on some recent suggestions that Plusnet may at some point entirely cease the email services it currently provides to a significant part of its legacy customer base (presumably a large part of it from pre BT ownership times.......)

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@Capvermell 

I am not staff.

Do you have clear evidence the the "Change in progress" has a bearing on you not seeing the link to manage my mail?  The link to manage my email is sometimes obscured by the black footer.  IIRC I have seen the CiP message, but still been able to access manage my email.

There have been clear statements around here that Plusnet has NOT published any statement about the future of email services, beyond it is not available to new or departing users.  Anything reported to have come from support agents, is at best probably confused with the published demise of JLP email at the end of June.  This position has been stated repeatedly around here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

@Townman wrote:

There have been clear statements around here that Plusnet has NOT published any statement about the future of email services, beyond it is not available to new or departing users.  Anything reported to have come from support agents, is at best probably confused with the published demise of JLP email at the end of June.  This position has been stated repeatedly around here.

But they are consistently ignored by individuals who seem to be blind.

John
Capvermell
Rising Star

Today I have found that Plusnet/BT's spam filtering system is now blocking emails from hotels.com with one time account security code access information needed to enter my hotels.com account having previously allowed them through without needing to whitelist hotels.com as an email sender.

However on trying to whitelist hotels.com and booking.com in the latest version of Google Chrome (I have just updated to this version today) accessing my spam controls at www.plus.net/manage_my_mail I get the following message:-

"This site can’t provide a secure connectionwww.plus.net uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH"

But if I use the www.plus.net/manage_my_mail link in the latest version of Microsoft Edge (formerly Internet Explorer) I can access these controls with no problem whatsoever.

In fact the problem seems to be rather more deepseated than this between the latest version of Google Chrome and the Plusnet website as if I go to just the www.plus.net home page in Google Chrome I also get the same ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH but If I enter www.plus.net in the latest version of Microsoft Edge it reaches the Plusnet home page without any issues.

So I am unclear who is in the wrong here and whether it is Plusnet in not maintaining its pages to the latest stringent security standards or if Google Chrome has made an error in blocking Plusnet website access for alleged security reasons with an "unsupported protocol" in its latest just updated version?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 407

@Capvermell its being discussed here https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Unable-to-access-Plusnet-website/td-p/1935635

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Capvermell
Rising Star

@MisterW Many thanks for pointing me to the thread with the wider discussion of this issue and Plusnet not keeping up to date on web security protocols.

Yet strangely Plusnet do have time to start blocking www.hotels.com security code access emails for their website that are in fact perfectly legitimate and should not have been blocked as spam or needed to be whitelisted by myself in order to receive them..........

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 407

Yet strangely Plusnet do have time to start blocking www.hotels.com security code access emails for their website that are in fact perfectly legitimate and should not have been blocked as spam or needed to be whitelisted by myself in order to receive them..........

@Capvermell Plusnet use Cloudmark for their email spam detection. If the sender has lots of url links in the email, then sometimes the Cloudmark system sees spam signatures in the links