cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Plusnet email to 'fetch' on iphone

DSer
Dabbler

Getting Plusnet email to 'fetch' on iphone

I'm new to iphone and am trying to get it to 'sync' to pick up my Plusnet emails. IPhone has a 'push' and a 'fetch' option within its settings that (appears to) determine when it syncs to Plusnet to download emails; The 'fetch' setting (every 15 minutes) seems to be the appropriate one for Plusnet. But I can't get either fetch or push to work. My emails show in the mail app only when I open it (you can see them arriving). Have tried another email app (Blue Mail) but get same problem. (The standalone Gmail app works fine with my gmail address) Am I missing a setting or what - either at iphone or plusnet end? Thanks in advance for any replies.

2 REPLIES 2
DSer
Dabbler

Re: Getting Plusnet email to 'fetch' on iphone

Now resolved. IPhone glitch. Switching it off and on again did the trick.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Getting Plusnet email to 'fetch' on iphone

You might want to consider turning off fetch altogether ... and simply doing a manual update WHEN you want to look at your email.

Leaving the phone with background update running (fetch or push) will drain the battery and utilise bandwidth.  Doing manual updates only when you want to look at emails with conserve both.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.