cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed 5.4.3. Router server Failure

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Failed 5.4.3. Router server Failure

I noticed today I had about four random e mails when I usually have about 54. I have an e mail account with BT and Yahoo both these are returning mail I have sent to my PN account stating Failed 5.4.3. Router Server Failure. Also all e mails to my bt email are supposed to automatically be forwarded to my PN account but not one has since midnight Anyone any idea why I am getting the odd random e mail but the majority are not getting through ? Any help would be appreciated Many Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Failed 5.4.3. Router server Failure

As BT use Yahoo for email, the two accounts are likely to be sending via the same infrastructure.  A 5.4.3 Routing error is generated by the sending server so you probably need to contact Yahoo to resolve this.
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Unfortunatley this goes beyond that now as I have asked two people with non BT related e mails and all have been bounced back I am actually receiving no e mails from anyone so this is PN not Yahoo or BT
pwatson
Rising Star

Can you get the full bounce message from one of the people trying to end you email?  Obviously they can't email it to you Sad
Are they sending to a <user>@<account>.plus.com address or do you have a domain name of your own?  If the latter, are the MX records correct?
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I am just onto support now but I have a domain name but nothing has changed I even got Ebay to send an automated response to my e mail and that didn't arrive There is a 30 minute wait on the phone so I am trying to connect to live chat.I have been waiting for twenty minutes now they say I will transfer you and there are eleven customers in front of you it took twenty minutes for 6 I should have waited on the phone whats going on PN ????Huh
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Now its thrown me back to the opening screen Give me strength  I didn't expect this fro PN
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Two quoted Failed; 5.4.3 (routing server failure)
One quoted security issues and Microsoft would not be re trying to send ?
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I have now been on line 36 minutes waiting for a response with still 8 customers in front of me !!!!!!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: pwatson
A 5.4.3 Routing error is generated by the sending server so you probably need to contact Yahoo to resolve this.

This rather implies that the problem is NOT with PN's services.
Quote from: Jock
I am actually receiving no e mails from anyone so this is PN not Yahoo or BT

Emails from whom using which mail providers?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Looks like the OP's domain had expired. I believe the issue is now resolved.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

elizabeth2

emails wont go out to vip@bingodiomond.com

toggie101
Rising Star

Check you're using the correct address - the domain 'bingodiomond.com' is not currently owned by anyone (you may have made a simple typo when posting to this forum, or you may have mistaken the correct address in your failed emails).

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@elizabeth2 Welcome to the forums. Smiley

Is the domain given a typo - as written it doesn't appear to exist? It does exist if an "a" is substituted and relay.plus.net will connect to it..

Since you posted in this topic I assume you got a 5.4.3 error when trying to send. Is that correct, and did you get any other information?

David