Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails no longer functioning on Apple devices

FIXED
MartynJF
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Emails no longer functioning on Apple devices

This morning, I went to look at my emails on an iPad and found that I was logged out of both my email accounts (gmail and globalnet). When I tried to log in, I got Authorization Error: A stable connection to the server could no be established. I have tried restarting the program, restarting the iPad, restarting the router: nothing works and my iPhone is effected the same way. I can only read emails now on my desktop computer.

3 REPLIES 3
virnuls
Dabbler

Re: Emails no longer functioning on Apple devices

I've seen a certificate error this morning on Windows - might it be the case that Apple devices are less keen to let you carry on?

MartynJF
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Fix

I think that there must have been some Apple update overnight that sabotaged my email clients which are the same on each device. I deleted them, downloaded a competitor, and got things working again. Not a Plusnet issue, I think.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

The windows certificate issue will be due to Outlook having guessed the server names, typically that for outgoing mail.

Whilst smtp.plus.net does work for sending email, if encryption is enabled, certificate warnings will be encountered because the certificate is issued against the preferred SMTP server name relay.plus.net.

As for Apple mail, for time to time it can get its IMAP sync fouled up.  The only fix is to dealt the account on the iDevice and recreate it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.