Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails from domain registered elsewhere

Dev
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Emails from domain registered elsewhere

I have a domain registered with Uk reg and would like to use PN servers to collect my mail. What settings do I need? sorry I am a newbie to this.

Many Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Emails from domain registered elsewhere

AFAIK you would need to 'transfer the domain in for Hosting only' BUT I'd be pretty sure that it is not an option anymore UNLESS you have a legacy account that provided webspace.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

In the past transfers in were not essential but use of Plusnet’s name servers is obligatory.  I have a domain registered with lcn.com using Plusnet’s name server on my account.

However as hinted, PlusNET sadly are not supporting any new domain name hosting requests, legacy account or not.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

I have a domain with Namesco and have the option in my domain email settings to forward emails. So if I wish I can forward them to my Plusnet email address. No changes are needed to my Plusnet email settings.

I do not do this as the Plusnet antiquated service is unencrypted.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Dev
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks guys. I will use the forwarding option or may buy a email package from UKreg / Fasthosts.