Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email white-listing ?

FIXED
SirLurkalot
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Email white-listing ?

Whilst SPAM marking has reduced a bit since I've been using Webmail to identify non-spam, what's the point of White-listing on https://www.plus.net/    if some of those sites emails still get tagged as SPAM  i.e. curvissa.co.uk ?

4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Email white-listing ?

Do the emails actually get sent from the email address you white-listed? The address or domain that has to be entered in the white-list is the Envelope from address which is shown as "Return path" in the email headers

The "From" address that email readers display, and which you reply to, can be completely different from "Return path".

David
SirLurkalot
Grafter

Thanks for the reply.

You're right, that the Return address is completely different and has no obvious connection to curvissa.co.uk.

i.e. ****@bounce.fgh-uk.com

Will this return domain be exclusive to curvissa ?

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It looks like Curvissa is one of FGH-UK group's brand names. Since the Return path address is where the email would be returned to if the email system was unable to deliver it, it looks like they have a central team to handle these messages.

I think it would be fairly safe (in a spam avoidance sense) if you enter just bounce.fgh-uk.com into your white-list.

David
SirLurkalot
Grafter

Fix

Many thanks fro looking at this. Very helpful.   🙂