cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email log in issue

Dorian

Re: Email log in issue

Very concerned as my mate has had undeliverable responses to my plusnet e-mail as follows:
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
     Subject: FW: All 4 paws!
     Sent: 18/12/2010 13:28
The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
     **************@*****************.plus.com on
           The recipient has been deleted or has no e-mail address.

I thought no e-mails have been lost with this issue! The above proves that is not the case! A response from PN would be appreciated.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Although the mail didn't get through, that in a very small way is a little reassuring: at least there was a proper bounce and you were aware it had failed which is considerably better than it just falling in to a black hole!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MichaelJ
Grafter

For anybody who has been subject to the recent Plus Advertising campaign and has been subject to this complete shambles in service, email or write to the Advertising Standard Assoc. as claims in publicity are supposed to be fit for purpose  http://www.asa.org.uk/
Sorry, Plusnet, you have let us down and let yourself down. Truly dreadful service
Capvermell
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: MichaelJ
We're only the paying customers that believed this Yorkshire tripe about your company

And let's face it is complete and utter tripe given that BT now insists on sending in non Yorkshire personnel as the CEO and has also been working hard on enforcing BT's low quality broadband standards on to the once better quality Plusnet broadband platform.  Also as I recall it BT got rid of some of Plusnet's Yorkshire customer support staff and now handle calls in India in some circumstances?
Oh and I see that finally Bob Pullen hoves in to view but where precisely has he been for the last eight hours while customers had no email and Plusnet telephone technical support staff seemed to have no clue whatsoever what the problem was.  Also I find it abysmal that Mr Pullen is clearly trying to customer crunch me for entirely deserved and justified criticism of the manner in which the company has handled this incident.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Capvermell
Also as I recall it BT got rid of some of Plusnet's Yorkshire customer support staff and now handle calls in India in some circumstances?

Complete and utter rubbish, Plusnet have never, ever had calls handled in India.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Michael, I recognise that your less than satisfied with the situation, however problems can and do happen. You can be assured we're 100% committed to getting things sorted though.
Quote from: Dorian
The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
      **************@*****************.plus.com on
            The recipient has been deleted or has no e-mail address.

I thought no e-mails have been lost with this issue! The above proves that is not the case! A response from PN would be appreciated.

I can't explain that, I can tell you that it seems OK at the moment though.
220 mx.ptn-ipin03.plus.net ESMTP
ehlo ip
250-mx.ptn-ipin03.plus.net
250-8BITMIME
250 SIZE 104857600
mail from:<me@privacy.net>
250 sender <me@privacy.net> ok
rcpt to:<d*****@t**********.plus.com>
250 recipient <d*****@t**********.plus.com> ok
data
354 go ahead
subject:test
this is a test from support, please ignore.
250 ok:  Message 411717655 accepted
quit
221 mx.ptn-ipin03.plus.net

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MichaelJ
Grafter

Quote from: MichaelJ
We're only the paying customers that believed this Yorkshire tripe about your company

And let's face it is complete and utter tripe given that BT now insists on sending in non Yorkshire personnel as the CEO and has also been working hard on enforcing BT's low quality broadband standards on to the once better quality Plusnet broadband platform.  Also as I recall it BT got rid of some of Plusnet's Yorkshire customer support staff and now handle calls in India in some circumstances?
Oh and I see that finally Bob Pullen hoves in to view but where precisely has he been for the last eight hours while customers had no email and Plusnet telephone technical support staff seemed to have no clue whatsoever what the problem was.  Also I find it abysmal that Mr Pullen is clearly trying to customer crunch me for entirely deserved and justified criticism of the manner in which the company has handled this incident.

Again, totally agree.
I'm opening a bottle of bubbly to "celebrate" 10 hours of non-service from the Yorkshire Tripe Company
Btw - I have a spare carrier pigeon. Probably get your messages delivered quicker than Plusnet
magnetism2772
Grafter

I'm also unable to collect my email
Capvermell
Rising Star

Quote from: jelv
Complete and utter rubbish, Plusnet have never, ever had calls handled in India.

Well pardon me I see it was South Africa and not India but the principle is precisely the same.  Namely staff who are not Yorkshire folk!  I'm beginning to think that jelv must be a relative of a Plusnet employee.
From www.ispreview.co.uk/story/2010/11/18/plusnet-uk-shifts-its-broadband-isp-telephone-support-staff-bac...
PlusNet UK Shifts its Broadband ISP Telephone Support Staff Back to Sheffield
By: MarkJ - 18 November, 2010 (7:15 AM) - Score: 3753 - Fixed Line Broadband

ISP PlusNet UK, which earlier this year won the 2010 ISPA Award for 'Best Consumer Customer Service' and is currently claiming to beat any standalone rival broadband ISP on price, has announced plans to move all of its Customer Support Centre operations back to their hometown of Sheffield.
Until now PlusNet's Customer Support Centre has operated across two sites, one based in their hometown of Sheffield, and another out in South Africa (Durban), which was inherited through their Madasafish brand when BT acquired the Brightview ISP group back in 2007.
PlusNet's Bob Pullen said:
"The team in South Africa has helped us deliver a great service already, but much of the benefit of having our software and network engineers under a single roof in Sheffield is lost on the guys out in Durban who haven’t the convenience of being able to ‘nip up or down the stairs’ to discuss particular problems or workflows with other departments.

Whilst we’ll be sad to say goodbye to our friends in South Africa, we feel really excited about bringing all of our services back to Sheffield, and this gives us a great opportunity for us to improve our service even more. It also fits really well with the plain speaking and honest Yorkshire branding of our recent ad campaigns (keep your eyes peeled for the next ad which is due to be aired over the coming weeks). That’s not forgetting the contribution it makes to the local economy in Sheffield."
The provider has also been busy recruiting new staff and, over the last 12 months alone, successfully managed to create more than 150 new jobs. Outsourcing customer support has always been a thorny issue in the UK, especially when the people you're attempting to communicate with have a poor grasp of English or appear unable to help with anything but the most basic of issues.
It's refreshing to see more firms moving jobs back to the UK, especially so when the workers are to be based in the same building. This makes customer support much more effective.
MichaelJ
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Michael, I recognise that your less than satisfied with the situation, however problems can and do happen. You can be assured we're 100% committed to getting things sorted though.
"Less than satisfied" Now that's an understatement
I've trying to contact someone concerning my business. I'll send Plusnet the invoice for inconvenience
Any, fine words butter no Yorkshire parsnips (Or puddings)
What I want after all this time is my email restored
Strikes me Plusnet do not know how to cope with this problem
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Oh and I see that finally Bob Pullen hoves in to view but where precisely has he been for the last eight hours while customers had no email and Plusnet telephone technical support staff seemed to have no clue whatsoever what the problem was.

As it happens I was in B & Q getting myself a Christmas tree. Some of us don't work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Wink
Oh, and can we keep things on topic too please? Our recently removed call centre in South Africa has very little to do with today's email problems.
Michael, we *do* know how to cope with the problem. Sadly it's not a simple as pressing the big red 'fix' button though I'm afraid.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Capvermell
Rising Star

Still no email here either by Pop through Thunderbird or through IMAP via http and SquirrelMail.
So it looks like Plusnet's recent claim that the problem is now largely resolved for most customers must be a load of old Tripe or should that be Ecky Thump? Wink Grin
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

So it looks like Plusnet's recent claim that the problem is now largely resolved for most customers

I don't think we've said that anywhere have we?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MichaelJ
Grafter

Oh and I see that finally Bob Pullen hoves in to view but where precisely has he been for the last eight hours while customers had no email and Plusnet telephone technical support staff seemed to have no clue whatsoever what the problem was.

As it happens I was in B & Q getting myself a Christmas tree. Some of us don't work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Wink
Oh, and can we keep things on topic too please? Our recently removed call centre in South Africa has very little to do with today's email problems.
Michael, we *do* know how to cope with the problem. Sadly it's not a simple as pressing the big red 'fix' button though I'm afraid.
/quote]
Just words, Bob. After 10 hours I've given up. Had to make a long distance telephone call to USA and get a friend to take documents into town and send by fax
I'll say again. Plusnet have let us down and let themselves down. You are going the way of Tiscali.
Not sure what attitude you expect us to take. Bad service is bad service. Shrugging your shoulders and saying, "Things happen" is not a recognised customer care response. I think a lot of people will be reading this forum and may stay silent but must be having doubts about Plusnet. Reputations are a fragile thing
Capvermell
Rising Star

As I knew perfectly well that you and most other Plusnet senior staff would be.
But the question is why when your customers email went off you didn't immediately abandon your xmas tree buying plans until the problem was resolved.  Obviously you must have thought "just another boring outage.  Much more important that I buy my xmas tree,"
Whereas in a well ordered setup key staff would have been immediately pulled in this morning to fix the problem straight away and then given time off in lieu during the week.
Instead this failure has now reached such proportions that it has become a matter of likely journalistic interest to both ISPReview and Thinkbroadband