Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address deleted

kwack
Grafter

Email address deleted

Hi ,
Have recently moved away from plus.net and have found out that my mail address has been deleted. Is this normal as when I discussed this with cusatomer service I was under the imporession that this woudl not be the case as I specifically asked this?
Thanks
Kwack
16 REPLIES 16
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Email address deleted

Sorry about this, I'll make sure that the agent who cancelled your account knows the process for this. I can reactivate your account as a free PAYG dial account if you like? This will allow you to set up email addresses again.
*I've just taken a look over the account and can't see a request to keep the mailboxes open on there, did you request this on the cancellation call you made?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kwack
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for the response. I did ask at the time whether I would be able to still keep my e-mail addresses and route through my new provider and was told that this was possible.
I also had routed through plus.net a freenetname mail account as well which used to come down intro my mail client. Can this be re-activated as well
Thanks
Kwack
Chris
Legend

The account is now a payg dial account, unfortunately you'll need to set up any mailboxes or redirects you need now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kwack
Grafter

Thanks - can I access the mails via the webmail? or isnt this available either?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It should work fine through webmail, even if you are connecting via another ISP Smiley
kwack
Grafter

Thanks for the replies.
Just to be clear. I will not be able to retrieve plus.com mail's through my current ISP into WLM, but can access via webmail.
If I wanted to retrieve plus.com mails into WLM I would need to do a redirect to my new ISP mail account?
Is this correct?
Thanks
Kwack
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You can retrieve them without problem using the Plusnet server
You can also send but only using the new ISP's server
kwack
Grafter

There must be something wrong at Plus.net end then as I have just tried to send a mail to this plus.com address and it was bounced back
kwack
Grafter

This is the reply message I just got?
This is the mail delivery agent at messagelabs.com.
I was not able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
<snip>
Sorry, I couldn't find any host named <snip>. (#5.1.2)
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  email and username removed as this is an open forum mod:end
Chris
Legend

Ah, sorry you might want to give it an hour or so for DNS to recognise that the addresses have been recreated. Sorry for forgetting about that.
kwack
Grafter

Ok thanks will wait a while then. I can send using webmail but replying didnt work and bounced?
OldJIm
You can retrieve them without problem using the Plusnet server
You can also send but only using the new ISP's server
I woudl be interested in working out how to do this. I suspect my problems yesterday was due to the account being deleted, hopefully once the account has been fully restored I should be able to get this all back working again
Thanks
Kwack
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

For the Plusnet email address set the incoming server to mail.plus.net and the outgoing mail server to that required by your ISP
kwack
Grafter

Brilliant - will try  that when I get home and see how I get on
kwack
Grafter

Still bouncing unknown server address?
any ideas