Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Not Appearing On Outlook?

Brand0n
Hooked

Email Not Appearing On Outlook?

Hi all,

I currently have a customers computer on the test bench and they are using IMAP emails with the plus.com domain.

Something really weird is going on where when adding their emails to a new profile on outlook, it says "synchronising inbox" at the bottom of outlook but nothing appears. I have turned off the filter and still nothing!

I have noticed a few emails come through in the "Trash" and "Drafts" folders but apart from that there is nothing! 

The IMAP settings I have used are: 

Server - imap.plus.net

SSL/TLLS

SMTP Server - relay.plus.com

STARTTLS

Am I missing something? Or is there an internal issue with the IMAP servers?

Thanks Smiley 

9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Email Not Appearing On Outlook?

You might find that setting the IMAP root folder to inbox might resolve the issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Brand0n
Hooked

Thanks for this! 

I have tried this but still no joy Sad 

They have more then one email account hosted by PlusNet and all of them aren't working.

I have also tried adding the emails onto Microsoft mail and still does the exact same thing 

Brand0n
Hooked

Update: 

I have set the emails up as pop and the emails cam through straight away, however now the subfolders arent appearing. Any suggestions? 

Thanks  

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Go back to IMAP as POP3 is not fit for purpose - it only looks at the inbox.

Try setting the server timeout to 2 minutes. Are there any emails with large attachments?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Brand0n
Hooked

I have done this and still no luck Sad 

There is a error under the Synchronization Log, the error is 800CCDE-0-0-560 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Given that there is a specific error code, then look to problems with Outlook rather than the email server.  Google delivers lots of reference to this error code and a good deal of suggestions - for example see Methods to Fix IMAP Synchronizing Folder Error 800ccc0e-0-0-560 in Outlook (datarepairtools.com)

You might also try running Outlook in safe mode - with Outlook shout down, press the Window_Key+R then in the box type

outlook.exe /safe

Brand0n
Hooked

I originally thought Outlook was the issue however I have even tried adding the accounts onto just the mail app and is doing the exact same thing  

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Windows Mail is a very cut down version of Outlook, so the fact that exhibit the same issue is not surprising.

As per previous advice / question (as mentioned in the linked to suggested fixes) is there a large mail item, in any of the IMAP folders?  Given the POP3 downloaded quickly, I would look at the sent items folder.

Can you access the mailbox via webmail to check item sizes.

Raise the server timeout to 5 minutes and just leave the mailbox to see if it syncs.