cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail settings for i-Phone

FIXED
middaysurfer

E-mail settings for i-Phone

Hi. I've tried several times to set up my Plusnet e-mail account on my new I-Phone. I've used the imap option which seems to be the right one. But when I enter the settings I get a message saying that it's not possible to set up with SSL. So I proceed without SSL. This does set up an account. But only gives me access to messages to the domain for my account - not my specific e-mail address.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: E-mail settings for i-Phone

Fix

Getting the SSL/TLS warning is normal since connection using this protocol is not supported. Normally the warning occurs twice, once for the incoming IMAP server and once for the outgoing SMTP server. Both have to be accepted to proceed and set up the account.

If your default email address is set up as (say) first1@accountname.plus.com you would collect emails by logging into the server with username = accountname and password as the account password.

If you have an additional mailbox such as second1@accountname.plus.com you collect emails for this by logging in with username = accountname+second1 and password as set in Manage My Mail for the second1 mailbox.

Does this explanation cover what's causing your access problem?

David
middaysurfer

Re: E-mail settings for i-Phone

David, it was a simple solution to something I'd been struggling with for days.

Regards,

Mike