cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail being bounced

thejudge
Rising Star

E-mail being bounced

I'm working on a job application document from home, having e-mailed it from work to my home account without difficulty.
Having updated it, I've just tried to send it (an .rtf file in Libre Office Writer) back to my work e-mail address. It has just been bounced as follows:
"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: dxD11m0034epeuC01XD2vA message rejected due to spam or virus.".
My workplace is a large government department, and I've never had any problems sending e-mails with attachments to my work account before.
The .rtf has been scanned by an up-to-date version of Avast! and is clean.
I tried logging into Webmail and sending it that way, and it seems to have gone through (although it'll be Wednesday morning before I can check to be sure).
Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: E-mail being bounced

Best thing to do will be to raise a support ticket with the following information:
Subject of the email:
Sender Address:
Recipient Address:
Error code:
Approx time /date of sending:
And if possible a copy of the email headers -> http://www.plus.net/support/email/email_troubleshooting/obtaining_headers.shtml
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Matt
thejudge
Rising Star

Looks like the new version of Avast! was doing it. Once I disabled "Scan outbound mail (SMTP)", the problem went away.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Does Avast add a footer to the email? Wondering if the problem was due to that (the error suggests that it's the content of the email that caused the spam filter to trigger).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

thejudge
Rising Star

Odd...
Just re-enabled scanning of outbound SMTP and sent identical e-mails as before with no problem.