Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Down

FIXED
Taxisnooker
Hooked

Domain Down

I have lost all content from my website with the Domain i have had with freenetname/madasafish since 1999. I can still view it in my webspace but its not updateable there. Is there a server problem? My email with my domain prefix is also down.

9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Domain Down

Has your domain expired ? Check on who is. 

Theres a problem that Freenetname/ madasafish domains are no longer automatically renewed. If it has expired , you need to request it is renewed. That can be done via this forum

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Taxisnooker
Hooked

Ive checked and it is suspended. Can this be fixed.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

You'll need a Plusnet staff member to renew it, I'm sure one will spot this thread and be along shortly...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Taxisnooker
Hooked

For the 20 years i have had this Domain, ive never had to renew it.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, it's a fairly recent issue. Not sure exactly when it changed but the system doesnt auto renew anymore.

Taxisnooker
Hooked

Where do i ask to get help for this issue. No one seems to be available here.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Fix

I've escalated this to try and get more visibility from the Help team

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Tech Help to email

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Taxisnooker I'm sorry to see your domain has expired, we've renewed your domain now for a further year. Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with or if you want us to renew your domain again next year.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet