Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting email address... need advice

FIXED
IanSn
Rising Star

Deleting email address... need advice

Want to get rid of one of my addresses (plusnet), set up years ago (not sure what I did, or why).

Trouble is the default address appears to be an alias of the one I want to get rid of.

Don't know how to get round this. Is it possible?

iansn

3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Deleting email address... need advice

Fix

Will deleting the alias and/or renaming the default mailbox help? You can do this in manage my mail at plus.net/email through logging into your account via our website. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
IanSn
Rising Star

Not really, I need to keep that alias address as its used. The other can go as its not used.

I'm curious tho - usually an alias has the same details (password, etc,) but these two have different passwords and don't arrive in the same mailbox. Maybe its not an alias, but it says it is on the PlusNet email page.

Can't get my head round how renaming would work in this case...

IanSn
Rising Star

Turned out that the alias wasn't an alias...

At least, I deleted it and the default mail (of same name) was still there.

So deleted the other unwanted address.

Didn't have to rename anything.

All done.

(Was confused by the 'alias' with the same name as the default address. Don't know how that happened. Never mind, all sorted.

Thanks  Smiley