cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted emails

aqyz05

Deleted emails

My emails were deleted about two weeks ago.  The email I received explained I could request that were restored which I did.  It has now been about a week and a half but still no emails have been returned.

Are my messages going to be restored?  I was told 3-5 days originally but have had to response to my ticket.

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Deleted emails

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Ahh I assume the OP was using IMAP and gone over their limit, as the e-mails are stored on the server.

I used to use POP3, but as I pick up my e-mails from multiple devices I use Exchange hosting now.

A couple of options are to delete your older e-mails, or if you'd prefer to keep them then say set up a rule on your e-mail client to say something like, once an e-mail is say x months old copy them across from the server over to your client. That way you still have them accesible, but only on the device they are stored on locally. Then you can keep within server storage limits.

Depends on the client you're using, but say if you use Outlook on your main computer you can do this by setting up a rule to move old e-mails to a local mailbox.

That's what I would do, as there is no way I could go back to POP3 now after moving to Exchange now! Cry

aqyz05

How do I set up my email using exchange?  I do not want to use pop.

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @aqyz05

You can find all the set-up information required on our site here. If you go to "Where can I find info on setting up my email?" you can see information for setting up on different devices.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

PlusNet do not support exchange as such but do IMAP - I've no experience of IMAP but I know of people who do use it and I believe it is better than POP as well.