cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send out emails

Monika012

Cannot send out emails

Hi Friends,

I keep receiving error 0x800CCC1A when sending emails from Outlook.

I have cleared my emails to a minimum, but no improvement. I've attached screenshots of the error and the settings I have used based on Plusnet guidelines. 

Is anyone able to throw light on this please?

Monika 

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Cannot send out emails

Welcome to the forums, @Monika012 . Is this a new install of Outlook (which version?) or something which has suddenly occurred? I can't see anything wrong in your settings, but unfortunately I haven't used the program since the original Outlook Express many years ago. I am aware that recent versions are not the best, but hopefully one of the more experienced Community members will pick this up for you - answers to my initial questions may help them though.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Make sure the 'Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) check box' is unchecked

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Those settings on the Plusnet site are not as clear as they might be.  They should be as follows...

• IMAP: imap.plus.net Port 993 TLS/SSL
  • POP3: mail.plus.net Port 995 TLS/SSL
  • SMTP: relay.plus.net Port 587 STARTTLS - use authentication (same as incoming - regardless of being connected to the Plusnet network)
  • Authentication:
    • Default mailbox: accountname and account password
    • Secondary mailbox: accountname+mailboxname and mailboxname password

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Monika012, I'd definitely check the settings that the guys have already suggested here, failing that the 0x800CCC1A error code can often be due to an issue with the installation of Outlook so going into your control panel and selecting the options to repair or reinstall would be worth a try if it persists. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team