Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluemail

BB
Grafter

Bluemail

Hello,

I access my plusnet mail via Bluemail on my mobile phone.

I recently changed to a new phone and subsequently lost some of my mail when transferring across.

Can anyone help me retrieve them. Bluemail advised me to contact PN.

Are they stored on server?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Bluemail

@BB  if you used IMAP to access the mail then it should still be on the server.

If you used POP then it will have been deleted from the server when you downloaded it. So if it hasnt been transferred from the old phone then I'm afraid its lost

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BB
Grafter

My old phone was on POP3 . I can't understand why all the messages did not transfer. The later ones have but the old ones have not.

I changed my new phone to Imap in the hope of retrieving them , to no avail.

Where can they be?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Where can they be?

@BB  they will be on the old phone, wherever Bluemail stored them

Looks like copying from an old phone isnt working very well https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/bluemail-app-backup-ails.4523605/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BB
Grafter

Hi, 

I transferred everything with Google one. It didn't do Bluemail or PDFs.

Regret using that now, Bluemail not worked, I have lost them grrrrrrrrr

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Such is the inherent responsibility of using a POP3 email client.  The user becomes totally responsible for backing up their email history.  As @MisterW implies, if you had used IMAP, all of the emails would still be on the server ... though that does bring about the need for good periodic house keeping.