cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Premium Email now free with Plusnet

mikez
Grafter

BT Premium Email now free with Plusnet

Just to let everyone know that BT Premium Email accounts are now free if you have a Plusnet account - previously it was BT only.

14 REPLIES 14
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: BT Premium Email now free with Plusnet

Is there a BT link to that?

mikez
Grafter

No. I only found out as called up BT to cancel my BT Premium Email (fed up paying £7.50/month) and after the usual "if you come back to BT its free, etc ...." speech she asked who I was with at the moment. When I said PN she said thats fine, its now free with PN as well and just asked for my PN account number to action it  Good result

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Did BT ever complete their migration of all e-mail accounts from Yahoo to somewhere else?  I remember having to register for this migration several years ago when I was with them.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to email

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
philp43

Hardly surprising not publicised by BT - their Plusnet customers represent a good revenue stream if they are kept ignorant...great news for OAPs saving £90 /yr.  Many Thanks.

Davexxx
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

This is a useful tip, however after transferring to the f.o.c. BT Premium Mail service yesterday, as a Plusnet broadband subscriber, I can no longer access BT webmail via my browser.

Previous login (https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform) delivers a home page (https://www.bt.com/?wm52), but clicking on 'E-mail' simply returns to the same page.

Also, Your Homepage > Premium mail > Manage your BT Mail > Go favorite mailbox, simply returns to the home page.

Davexxx
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

FYI Normal BT webmail functionality seems to have returned.

SpinDryer
Grafter

@mikez wrote:

Just to let everyone know that BT Premium Email accounts are now free if you have a Plusnet account - previously it was BT only.

This can't possibly be correct.

Where did the information come from? It's nothing to do with Plusnet, BT will charge for a Premium account - about £7.50 per month.

What do you mean about "previously it was BT only" ? BT premium accounts are chargeable for everyone, but you wouldn't want one if you're with BTBroadband as you get emails as part of the package.

SpinDryer
Grafter

@mikez wrote:

No. I only found out as called up BT to cancel my BT Premium Email (fed up paying £7.50/month) and after the usual "if you come back to BT its free, etc ...." speech she asked who I was with at the moment. When I said PN she said thats fine, its now free with PN as well and just asked for my PN account number to action it  Good result

This sounds like a total miscommunication. How can it be free with PN "as well" .. it's not free with any ISP.

I expect you'll need to check your bank account in the next few weeks to see if payment has stopped, and also if the email address actually stays active.

SpinDryer
Grafter

@Jonpe wrote:

Did BT ever complete their migration of all e-mail accounts from Yahoo to somewhere else?  I remember having to register for this migration several years ago when I was with them.

The migation stopped in late 2014 and has not restarted. There was never a register, it just happened - probably in batches until something put it on permanent hold.

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Since 2010, I still get my emails free on Onetel.com (believe now owned by Talk Talk).

SpinDryer
Grafter

I'm trying to work out what your post has to do with this topic.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@SpinDryer wrote:

I'm trying to work out what your post has to do with this topic.

I was only responding to point out to you (as you had said in your previous post that it is NOT free with any ISP) that my previous ISP is still providing me the emails FOC.  If you do not like this then tough.

Many regards,

Chandu.

SpinDryer
Grafter

@chandu wrote:

I was only responding to point out to you (as you had said in your previous post that it is NOT free with any ISP) that my previous ISP is still providing me the emails FOC.  If you do not like this then tough.

Many regards,

Chandu.

I have no beef with anyone, just that this topic is about BT premium email not being free - nothing to do with any other legacy accounts or ISPs. BT premium is a specific product. Some people moving to other ISPs from BTinternet may well still be able to access their BTinternet email accounts, but that's standard accounts that come with the package - and these email accounts can be deleted at any time. These are not BT premium accounts.