Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Forward

journeys
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Auto Forward

I've an email address for an organisation I do a little work for, they use Outlook as a general email package. Its a hub based email system so any PC in the office I log onto I can retrieve my mail.
As the work is 'occasional' couple of days every now and then, it would be useful to keep up with any emails rather than wait until I go into the office then get 20 at once.
I'd like to forward any email to another account:- DAK is there a way to 'auto forward' any email without opening the email client........................if so can somebody give me a clue on how to do it.
Many thanks
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Auto Forward

Google mail!
You can get it to retrieve mail from a POP3 mailbox (and set up rules to forward it elsewhere).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Auto Forward

they use Outlook as a general email package

It really depends on the Mail server they use. As they are using Outlook as the client its likely to be M$ Exchange, in which case you should be able ( from Outlook ) to set up mail forwarding rules  ( http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/automatically-forward-my-messages-to-another-e-mail-a... ). The bad news is that a lot of organisations will not allow forwarding to an 'external' address.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.