cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there problems with the email service?

benjamine1979

Are there problems with the email service?

I am trying now for 16 hours - but I am unable to either log in to the webmail or download mail to my phone.

When I try to log in, I get the error message "Unknown user or password incorrect." - But I am sure I am entering the right credentials.

For my phone it says, "account error........"

I am currently out of the country, so it is not possible to call the help line - any ideas?

25 REPLIES 25
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Re: Are there problems with the email service?

Hey there @benjamine1979 I just tried to log into my webmail and was able to so it isn't a server issue. Just for testing purposes have you changed the password and tried logging in?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
BrianD1
Dabbler

Hi,

I've had problems for the last few days. Emails are occasionall getting through but only every couple of days. Can't send or receive emails via Outlook 2019. Been using OL for years, never changed any settings and all emails are received fine on mobile phone. Also cannot get on plusnet website such as https://www.plus.net/ or https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-use-webmail/. Can't access plusnet webmail site either. All say 'this site ca't be reached'. Any suggestions welcome! Thank you. Brian

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@BrianD1 the website has been having a bit of an issue recently that's been flagged up on other posts however that doesn't explain why outlook isn't working. Do you know how much storage you have used up on your mailbox at all?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
BrianD1
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply. I can't check how much storage I have as I can't access plusnet webmail site but I haven't had any reminders to look at it from Plusnet which I have in the past. Also wouldn't account for emails working fine on my mobile would it?

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm going to send you a PM because I want to take a look at the account and I just need the username.

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
BrianD1
Dabbler

Great. Thank you!

BrianD1
Dabbler

@willcutforth should I be looking out for an email from you?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 413

You should get an email notifying of the PM from Will. You will then need to go to the link in the email (or to the Private Messages tab at the bottom of each forum page ) , which will take you to the message and enable you to send a reply.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BrianD1
Dabbler

All appears to be working fine today for some reason. Haven't changed anything. Has Plusnet changed something I wonder. Thank you for your help anyway @willcutforth and @MisterW ..

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Awesome, glad it's working now. If it does go down again. Let me know Smiley

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
BrianD1
Dabbler

Spoke too soon @willcutforth ! All worked fine until yesterday morning when it stopped working again. No changes made by me so must be on Plusnet's side. Still can't check any plusnet website on Chrome OR Firefox  @ClaudiaG23 . Any suggestions appreciated..

BrianD1
Dabbler

For info..as I can't access any plusnet website to check outlook 2019 email seettings I am using imap.plus.net 993 SSL/TLS relay.plus.net 465 SSL/TLS..I have also tried using Thunderbird which also will not connect to plusnet..

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 21

What problem are you having accessing Webmail? https://webmail.plus.net

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BrianD1
Dabbler

I can excess webmail but would prefer to use Outlook. For info my wife can receive plusnet emails on Outlook 365 using the excact same setting as I am on Outlook 2019 but I cannot receive/send emails. Does this indicate a OL2019 problem? If so I wonder why it did work OK for a few days, Monday to Wednesday, this week and then goes wrong again..