cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

@ClaudiaG23 

Morgan did not mention receiving an email, only that their email has "disappeared" due to which they have presumed that the mail has been archived.  A non-use archive only sends an email to the not accessed mailbox to report it has been archived.  A FUP archive leaves clear evidence in the CRM (ticket system which users can see using the link below log into the portal first) and an email sent to postmaster@ and the contact email address.

There are other causes for all emails to disappear - such as the account being accessed also by a POP3 client configured to remove emails from the server.  This might be under the user's (erroneous) control but has also been seen as a malicious attack on a compromised mailbox - a third party configures a POP3 client on the mailbox set to remove mail from the server.

One litmus test for this is to log into webmail, send an email to one's self and see if it appears and promptly disappears from the inbox.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Popup
Hooked

Hi,

I replied back and later added a screenshot showing the autoemail account archiving email as requested. My email is still to be recovered and its been two weeks now.

Re the webmail glitches, the problem only exists when your mailbox is nearly full - just the time when you are trying to clear it down. Thus I can't send you a copy of that now - as I have almost no emails remaining until they are unarchived. My recollection is that there is no error number shown, just a message along the lines of Fetch error.

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Hey @Popup, I can see James has replied and has sent this off. I've checked in on this request and by 9.30pm last night your emails should have come back. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
smithydog
Dabbler

Please unarchive my account
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hey @smithydog, I've popped a ticket onto your account. Can you reply on this please with confirmation and I can get this sent off for you straight away? Here is the link to view the question https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=234479996.

Just let me know on here once you've replied, please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
smithydog
Dabbler

I have clicked the link and it just comes up with an error message saying that my ticket can't be accessed
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Can you try this for me please, I've sent it without the dot at the full stop at the end this time. 

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=234479996

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
Ian_aitch
Hooked

Hi

Can someone please unarchive my mailbox.

many thanks

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hey @Ian_aitch  I've popped you a ticket on to your account. Can you reply back with confirmation and I can get this sent off you straight away.

This is the link to view the ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=234536989 

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
Popup
Hooked

I've been away since Thursday but can advise they still have not been recovered. Its been 18 days now.

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Ian_aitch  Thank you for the comment on the ticket. I've now sent the request off for your emails to be unarchived. This can take up to 72 hours.

@Popup  I'm just going to look into yours now and see what's happening, you shouldn't have had to wait this long.

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Popup I've got this chased for you now. You should see your emails come back within 24-48 hours.

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
btn
Dabbler

Hi please can you unarchive my email.

Thanks

btn
Dabbler

THi has anyone seen my request? Please can you unarchive my email?

Thanks

btn
Dabbler

Please please please can someone respond…. Is there anything else I can do to get my email unarchived?🙏

Thanks….