cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

AGn

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Hi, many thanks for recovering the emails. Now reducing the mailbox sizes.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @AGn, thanks for getting back to us and I'm glad to hear your emails have been returned and you've reduced the mailbox size. If there's anything we can help you with moving forwards then please don't hesitate getting back in touch.

Weystoner1
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Thank you for reinstating my wife's emails.  We pruned quite a few in an overnight session, but there's still a lot more to delete.  I tried to see how big her mailbox now is, but by 4 oclock this morning her inbox had started to send error messages and wouldn't load.  Is there a shortcut to get this info? I f not, can you tell me from your end the overall size of our mailbox, so we know how much work we have to do before we can load the folders during the day?

Thanks,

Dave 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @Weystoner1

I'm afraid I can't see that remotely myself but I've asked a colleague to check.

As soon as I have the details I'll create a ticket on your account 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Weystoner1
Grafter

Thanks Matthew

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your patience @Weystoner1

I've created a ticket on your account with the details which can be viewed by going here

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Weystoner1
Grafter

Many thanks for the information Matthew.  A few questions:

1. I see that there are two lines of total - one at 189M and one at 262M.  Does this mean that the total for the whole mailbox is the lower figure of 262M, or is it 189+262M?  Do the totals refer to the whole mailbox associated with the basic user name, or just the one beginning with R?

2. There is a Deleted Items line of 199M (plus an insignificant one of 84K).  Now, I'm very careful to empty the Deleted Items folder as I go when I'm deleting emails, so where has this folder been hiding and how can I empty it? When I checked after Monday morning's purge, all Deleted folders that I could see were empty.

I hope you can point me in the right direction on these issues, so we can get ourselves back on track and not build up so many emails in future.

Thanks once again,

Dave

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Weystoner1, thanks for getting back to us. I can confirm all the folders and sizes we provided all look to be coming from one mailbox so the bottom total should be the complete total.
I'd advise if you're not already, to look into setting the emails up through an email client as doing this with POP3 settings means the emails are pulled from the server side and stored on your devices locally saving the need for clear outs of the server side.
Steps on how to set up your emails through a client can be seen here: https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

If you're already using an email client for this mailbox then alternatively, if you log into the webmail side you should be able to see a deleted items folder which may be where the missing mail could be. https://webmail.plus.net/

Let us know how it goes.

Weystoner1
Grafter

Hi Ben, thanks for the info.  We are already using email clients: Windows Mail and whatever Apple calls its client on IoS.  The reason we're on IMAP is because I couldn't set up POP3 to download on multiple devices - Windows server and laptop, iPad and iPhones.  I realise that I can only delete emails from your server via webmail and not from our devices, and this is what I have been trying to do.  My problem is that the sizes you provided indicate a deleted items folder with nearly 200Mb in it, but the deleted items folders listed on the left hand side when I open webmail for both mine and my wife's mailboxes are showing as empty.  This is the folder that I need to locate and empty, but I don't know where it is.

Regards,

Dave

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Hi Dave, I'm sorry to see you're having issues clearing mail from your deleted items folder.

Could you go to Settings then make sure all the folders are ticked then go back into the Mail tab?

You should hopefully be able to see the duplicated deleted items folder we can see. 

Let me know though how it goes or if all the folders are already ticked.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@Weystoner1

With IMAP set up on all devices, whatever you delete on one device will be deleted on all devices and in the server.

As you suggest POP3 is quite inappropriate for situations where you are accessing the same mailbox on different devices. The hint that there is more than one deleted items folder suggests that the different IMAP clients - Winmail / iOS / webmail - are not using the same server folder for trash. You need to make sure that you are subscribed to all folders on the server.

Also note that Win10 mail is not the most friendly of email programs … when used alongside others. Particularly it can set up its own sent items folder, rather than use an existing one.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

codjerlfc
Dabbler

Hi, my webmail has been locked (or archived whatever you call it), can you please let me know how I go about unlocking it?
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @codjerlfc

Thanks a lot for reaching out. There are no notifications on your account stating that emails have been archived due to you using up your storage allowance, which means it may have been disabled due to the length of time that you have not logged in. When was the last time you accessed your webmail service?

Also, I can see that another provider have reently placed an order to take over your line. If you'd like to ensure that your Plusnet Email remains active after the account closes, please give our Customer Services Team a call on 0800 432 0200. .

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
codjerlfc
Dabbler

Hi adam945,

Thanks for replying. You are right, my webmail has been locked due to inactivity. However I need to access it read the emails that relate to my upcoming switch to another provider. Can you unlock it for me please? If you need any info from me I can personal message it to you?

Thanks,

Jonathan

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fair enough @codjerlfc

Sorry to hear that you're thinking of leaving. You can change the main email address on your account through your online Member Centre if that'd be any easier?

Anyhow, I've just raised a task with our NetOps Team to have your webmail account re-activated. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds