cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

arthurmilton

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Thank you for a prompt reply. The folders have gone from the portal and from my other machines too ie an iPad, iPhone and windows PC.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for confirming this. Just before I raise this to our Net Ops Team, to see if anything can be done, please could confirm if the emails from these folders have also been deleted and may I ask when you first noticed that this happened? A date should be fine, we won't need the exact hour Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
arthurmilton

Last week when I set up my new 24" Mac M1 I think I moved the contents of most of the folders to my iCloud mail archive. Hence the folders may be empty possibly except for sent mail but it would be good to have them back.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @arthurmilton, thanks for getting back to us.

I'm sorry for the issues with your mail. If not already done so, can you please advise if you gone to webmail > settings and then clicked on the folders tab to check they are all selected? If not, can you please do this and get back to us.

If the issue continues, we can raise this to our Net Ops Team, before doing so can you advise if you have set up your account as POP or IMAP on your MAC?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
arthurmilton

Thanks for the response. I have gone into the Webmail folders tab but it only shows the standard folders eg Inbox. None of the folders I had added as custom are present.

My Mac is using IMAP.

Lorrie

Hi. Please will you unarchive my mailbox for me? mailbox beginning "lo".

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Hi @arthurmilton

From what I can see we haven't archived your mail, so I suspect your Mac may have in some way removed your sent mail from the server (webmail). Unfortunately due to the length of time it's been we wouldn't have a backup of this anymore, as we only keep a 'snapshot' of a mailbox for the last 7 days. 

Hi @Lorrie

I also can't see evidence that we've archived your mail. Have you had an email from us to say we've archived your mail due to not accessing your mailbox for some time or you've gone over the 1GB allowance?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tonyandangela

Hi 

My email still has not been unarchived. I am becoming concerned that it may be deleted son. Please can you expedite.

Thanks

Tony Troy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @tonyandangela

I'm sorry to see we haven't archived your mail yet. I've chased this up and we'll make sure that's done for you as soon as possible. To put your mind at rest, we keep archives for at least 30 days before looking at deleting them although I believe we do actually keep them for longer, up to 90 days. 

If you haven't had your mail unarchived by the close of play on Tuesday let me know

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PhooeyChop
Hooked

Good morning, please can you restore the mailbox that was archived from our service last week and we will clear it out manually.

Many thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @PhooeyChop

I've raised a task now and your mail should be unarchived within 3 working days. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PhooeyChop
Hooked

Hi Gandalf,

My wife managed to get her emails back on to her ipad after they were un-archived but I cannot get them on to her outlook on the PC which is much better for a deletion exercise!

Can you tell me if there is any sort of restricton in downloading these?

Thanks

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @PhooeyChop, thanks for getting back to us. I am sorry that you're having issues getting the mail back on Outlook. When trying to update the inbox, do you get any errors at all?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Lorrie

hi

Yes i received an email dated 9th september telling me my mailbox had been archived.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @Lorrie, thanks for getting back to us. As we aren't seeing the email our side, I'm assuming the archive was completed due to not accessing the mailbox for a while.

I have now sent off a request to have this restored for you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team