cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

stuck
Rising Star

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

@Rincewind_ do I deduce from the fact that Bombcircle has had to wait three weeks that I have to wait another two weeks, i.e. three in total, before anyone will follow up on the lack of action on my existing Support Question?

stuck

kmo67
Hooked

Hello, 

Please could you unarchive my mail box. All the mailboxes have been reduced in size and so should now be under 1GB. 

Thank you. 

Rincewind_
Dabbler

Hi @stuck,

Sorry for the delay,

I have checked the response from the relevant department and they have advised there is no indication that the mailbox in question was archived. 

They have requested:

Can you confirm if you have received an email to say that they have been archived? If so can you also confirm the date and time of this email as well as the mailbox it was received on.

or 

If you have received an email to state the mailbox was archived due to it you not being accessed for 90 days

Thanks

Rincewind_
Dabbler

Hi @kmo67 

I have placed the request to have your mailbox restored. Once it has completed please reduce the usage to below 1GB (1000MB).

Thanks 

stuck
Rising Star

@Rincewind_ At the moment there is only one email in the mailbox in question. The text of that message says:

Username: [redacted]

You are receiving this message as your mailbox has not been accessed since:

2020-04-16 18:30:04

We have therefore archived the contents of the mailbox, please note that new mails will continue to be received.

To stop this from happening going forward you need to access it and collect E-Mail at least once within a 90 day period.

If you would like your email restoring then please contact our support team by raising a ticket using the Help Assistant on our website:

https://portal.plus.net/

We will only keep archived email for a limited period of time, after which it will be permanently deleted.

Kind regards,

Plusnet customer support

https://portal.plus.net/

I have already advised @adamwalker, by PM, of the name of the mailbox in question.  Do I need to send the same PM to you?

stuck

kmo67
Hooked

Thank you. 

Rincewind_
Dabbler

Hi @stuck 

That alright I have been able to find the account and Adams original request. I have updated the request with the information  you have provided.

Thanks 

Rincewind_
Dabbler

Hi @stuck 

I have just realised the date on the email that you have received was for April last year. Once a mailbox is archived we keep the information for around 30 days. Unfortunately we would not be able to restore these messages.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

stuck
Rising Star

@Rincewind_ @adamwalker I hadn't noticed that either BUT the attached screen shot shows that, despite what the body of the message says, it arrived on 03/01/2021.

Also, this warning was ONLY sent to this mailbox so I had to be telepathic to know I was being warned of impending doom.  Surely it should also have gone to 'postmaster @[myUserName].plus.com'?

Plusnet have not done me proud have they?

stuck

emailDate.jpg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@stuck As far as I'm aware we actually keep archived emails a little longer than what we advise of 30 days, which I've given @Rincewind_ a heads up about, although he's given me a heads up that the date in the email you've received is 16/04/20 so something's a bit odd or gone wrong here. I'm added some notes onto the internal task we've got open and we should receive a response within 24 hours. As soon as we do, we'll let you know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PGWeller

Hi,

I’m not sure if my emails have been archived, but they have gone. Can this be checked? Man thanks!

colinhigginson

Hi

Please can I have my emails unarchived. I only have about 3 days emails now.

Thanks

emacy

Hi 

Can you please un-archive my emails. There is only one mailbox in my account, PM me if you need any details.

Thanks

A

davehough

Hi @emacy,

I have checked your account and I cannot see any notification that your emails have been archived. Please can you confirm if you received a physical email that states these were archived due to 90 days of no access? If so, can you confirm the date and time this email was received as well as the full email address.

If you would prefer, please send this information on a private message.

Many thanks.

JohnMcQ

Can you restore my e-mail accounts that have been archived please.

Best Regards

John