Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon emails

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 265

Re: Amazon emails

Thanks for that info, Graham - but like you, I stopped getting them before that date,
John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Hi folks,
Can I ask you to keep your eyes peeled over the coming days and let me know if these emails are still failing to arrive? Whilst it doesn't explain how I was able to replicate the problem early on with spam filtering disabled, our email security vendor has identified a potential problem and made some changes recently that should hopefully have improved things.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jab1
Legend

Still not getting any, Bob. As an aside, I haven't bought anything off Amazon, so don't know if order/dispatch acks are affected.
John
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

they aren't - I had one on the 2nd Jan
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 424

Nothing here yet, but will keep an eye out...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@ OJ - thanks.
John
jab1
Legend

because this problem seems to have dropped off the radar, I have just subscribed to the Kindle Daily Deals newsletter. As soon as I submitted the request, up popped the message in the screen-grab below -BUT I HAVE RECEIVED the acknowledgment of subscription - to an email address they can't send the newsletter!  Huh  Crazy
John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I must admit, I could have sworn I saw a Daily deals appear momentarily in an Inbox , before it disappeared! SWMBO was convinced the other day that when collecting her mail. it said 3 new messages but only 2 were there. Very strange , I don't understand how the message could be deleted, presumably at the server. I cant see how this could happen though, either it would be detected as spam and junked before I saw it or I would be able to collect it...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Don't think it's the server, MisterW - if you read what's in the screen-grab, Amazon themselves are saying they can't get their promotional emails to us it's PN's antispam causing the issue - I have no problem with other companies sending me similar communications. Crazy
John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Sorry, I meant PN's servers. If it's the antispam then it's their servers as opposed to any filtering at my end. What I was curious about is why I'm fairly sure I saw them briefly!
Strange thing is that both order information and daily deals both come from amazon.co.uk.

jab1
Legend

I agree, it is PN's anti-spam causing the headache (as I concluded after seeing that message from Amazon) - I am very unlikely to see anything as all my mail goes through Mailwasher, and I only check what's there every so often.
I am seeing Amazon Question mails, order acks and my subscription confirmation - but not any promotional mail. Roll_eyes
Any further thoughts, Bob? - whatever action was or was not taken prior to your last post on this subject did nothing to resolve the problem.
John
grahambritten
Grafter

Like jab1 I haven't received any Amazon emails since Bob's last update (except purchases) so the problems still exists.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Is this a specific issue with Amazon generated emails or a general increased aggressiveness in the spam filtering service?
Prompted by this thread I went to look at my domain's spam sin-bin mailbox (blackhole@ for Bob's info) to see if expected Amazon emails were there.  I found some, but also found in there a fair quantity of innocent emails which ought to have passed OK to various family members.  This suggests to me that the spam filters are being more aggressive and are creating false positives.
I also found there email from the campaign for traditional marriage - are the spam filters now also enforcing politically correct motivated censorship?  Wink Shocked

jab1
Legend

Interesting, Kevin. Smiley
In my case, it only appears to be Amazon marketing emails which are failing - all the other regulars are coming through OK, although the ones which are still on my old Tiscali email addy sometimes seem to take a couple of hours.
As you can see from the screenshot in my reply @ 10.31 on the 10th, Amazon - or their system - are aware of the problem, but nothing appears to have been done to rectify.
John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I have 'Discard obvious spam' turned off, so the ONLY spam filtering that should be active is the Senderbase reputation.