Did you mean: 

Account ceased, retaining email service

FIXED
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Account ceased, retaining email service

@Gandalf 

Thanks Anoush, the mail folders appear to have been restored. I also checked and saw your response on the open question. However, the mail sent to postmaster@myaccountname.plus.com hasn't been received. The postmaster address is an alias on my account, is there any reason why messages to aliases won t appear in the Inbox?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

It may have been due to it being off at that point @maranello, please can you send another to that Alias and see if the same issue occurs.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@maranello ^in addition to the above, I've turned "Catch All" on which should make it doubly sure you get e-mails directed to postmaster@ to your default mailbox. Smiley Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maranello
Pro

@SammyM 

@Gandalf 

Thanks to you both for your help. I can confirm that a message sent from my outlook account to my postmaster@ alias has appeared in the Inbox.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Yay that is excellent news @maranello, I am glad its sorted.

Please get back in touch if you need any further help Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
maranello
Pro

Please could anyone tell me if I should or should not be able to access Manage my Mail from my account login?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@maranello  you SHOULD but I believe there's an issue with the link not being visible at the moment for email only accounts

see this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Email-Settings-is-missing/m-p/1863434#M39247

you should be able to get there using this link directly https://www.plus.net/manage_my_mail/ when logged in to your account

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@maranello You certainly could when I switched last May, but it looks like the recent 'refresh' of the Members Centre has borked it. I can't now, although I won't need to.

@MisterW beat me to it.

John
maranello
Pro

@MisterW 

@jab1 

Thanks to you both. I've bookmarked the link. 

Why on earth would Plusnet want to remove Manage my Mail from an email only account? I'll read through the thread in case it contains any explanation

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Who knows what goes through PN's collective 'mind', @maranello ?😉

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@maranello wrote:

Why on earth would Plusnet want to remove Manage my Mail from an email only account? I'll read through the thread in case it contains any explanation

Changes in service configuration options seems to have gone awry for non-subscription users.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

^ We've stopped new customers from creating a Plusnet e-mail address, but we're still providing these to existing customers. Looks like something in this change may have affected e-mail only accounts. We're investigating. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

... I was not going to spill the beans ... there are times when SUs have to be cognisant of the NDA rules under which we "engage with" the business ... 😉

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

*Gandalf is thrown out of the building* Tongue

Joking aside, I personally don't see saying that as an issue because the information's publicly available when signing up, since there's no option to choose a Plusnet e-mail address through the website journey for new accounts moving forward. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet