cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing email on other devices

MickandHilary

Accessing email on other devices

We have Plusnet email accounts on our AppleMacs.  All works fine, and no issues and no complaints.  Been with Plusnet for years and years.

How can we access our Plusnet emails when using an iPad or an iPhone?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Accessing email on other devices

MickF

Hi, this is me again, but had to re-register as my original login doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for your reply, but if it was "simples" I wouldn't be asking the question.

Please explain in simple terms.

We have two MacBookAirs.  One each, and we have a PlusNet address each that work perfectly and have done for yonks.  No issues at all.

We also have an iPad each.  How do we access our PlusNet email accounts that we use on the MacBooks on the iPads?

Thanks,

Mick.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @MickandHilary,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues accessing the mailboxes. You'd need to setup the mailboxes within the email app on the iPads and this will need to be done on each one. Have you made any attempts to do this so far and if so, what settings have you entered?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
MickF

Thank for getting back to me.

Perhaps I'm being thick here!

Where and how do I do this?

Go to Mail app and I have an email already set up.  It's an iCloud.com address.

How do I get my plusnet address I use on my computer onto my iPad and/or my iPhone?

Off out shortly, so may not get back to this for a few hours.

Thanks.

Mick.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@MickF you need to add a mail account with your PlusNet details to the Mail app. You may find this https://www.plus.net/help/archive/email/ios-setup/ useful , although it hasnt been updated for a while so MAY not apply to the latest version of Apple's Mail app.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@MickF wrote:

Perhaps I'm being thick here!

Go to Mail app and I have an email already set up.  It's an iCloud.com address.

Mick,

You can ADD as many email accounts as you want to the iPhone / iPad - they are (correctly) treated as totally separate.  You do that in SETTINGS (not in the email application).

I suspect that you might be being confused by other email clients (such as Gmail) on other devices which seek to HARVEST emails from other addresses into one mailbox (so that Google can look at them).  To do that with those applications you would use IMPORT MAIL facilities ... that is not what you really want here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MickF

Settings!!!!!!

Of course!!!!

Just done it as an experiment on my iPhone, but it's spending ages "verifying".

I'll report back if something transpires.

Thanks,

Mick

MickF

It works ! 😀

Sends and receives.

Thank you everyone.

Mick.