Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails posts

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

emails posts

At some point in the forums change-over, I (assume) I must have selected somewhere to receive copies of posts sent to my email. I'm sure many members actually like this feature. I'm fed up with it already.

How do I turn this off?

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES 4
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: emails posts

I assume you mean you are subscribed to threads?

I think it must be a default setting because I got fed up of it too. I went to my name top right and clicked my subscriptions and unchecked all. Not sure if that's what needs to be done - time will tell. 

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Well that dosn't seem to work as I am still getting emails.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I have mentioned this Before , Emails are set ON as default Ticked_off

Ok some like it , but like mayfly i think its wrong , OFF should be default and it you then want to recive emails you can set it up  after

I evtually forund the settings with Anotherones help Wink

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@petlew,

https://community.plus.net/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:notification-settings will allow you to select which, if any, notifications you receive.  There has been discussion about the defaults and it was decided that more information was better than less and it's easier for experienced users to turn off notifications than for the inexpreienced to turn them on (that was the gist anyway).

Hope that helps. Smiley

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.