Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this ever end?

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Will this ever end?

Currently there are some things missing, preventing the reply from being composed in a correct manner. Spot what's missing? Shall we revert to pen and paper, with snail mail instead?
54 REPLIES 54
DS
Seasoned Champion

Re: Will this ever end?

Goodness me. No edit function either. No spaces permitted, anything written after the 'greater than' or 'less than' symbols is not posted either. What was written in the above that is now missing was words stating that the toolbar is missing when trying to type of a reply.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Probably tempting fate here @DS , but my page for message composing appears to be functioning normally.

Let's see what happens when I hit 'post'Wink

Well - it worked.

John
DS
Seasoned Champion

What!! No!! Never!! So yours is fine this time? Mine is seriously borked, probably about as bad as it's ever been. I've lost most if not all functions. All I see in my reply window is the quote to the upper right, the browse to the lower left and cancel or post, nothing else is showing. ...there should be a 2 space blank above this bit... But at least the notifications work! Also the reply window has a red highlight around it too. I am also seeing a URL for some posts showing form.form.form at the end with various forum error messages.
jab1
Legend

Yup, sorry to report all seems to be well here.Huh

Out of curiosity, do you have any extensions/add-ons enabled that might (just might) be causing this? Unlikely, as it seems random, but clutching at straws seems all we can do.

John
DS
Seasoned Champion

IOU one thumbs up. Clicking that does nothing too. I can see other replies elsewhere on the forums are fine too. Could this be just me? If so, nothing has changed here.
jab1
Legend

It must be just you, but I have no idea why - very sorry.Sad

John
DS
Seasoned Champion

I hope this posts as I just tried to click the quote button and it makes the page jump very quickly to the top. Also I have to click in the reply window before any text posts up. Yes I have a few - Ghostery, ABP and NoScript, but they are manually updated and no I've not clicked on them at all today. My straw was the short one by the sounds of it. I'm going to dump cache etc and try again, should take me a few mins for CCleaner too.
jab1
Legend

Well - at least it posted.Smiley

Can't see them having any effect on posting, although I don't use them - I just have the default FF settings, uBlock Origin and AdMuncher (although that is no longer maintained and only works on one site I use - not this one)

John
DS
Seasoned Champion

Hmm, something isn't right here. So I cleared it all, closed the browser, ran CCleaner, fired browser up. Went via google search to the community home page, clicked on a result. The page took a while to load but I didn't get the survey! So I clicked on the login tab, which has my details remembered and this took around 20 seconds to load, it's normally quicker than that. It's still not right (whilst typing this anyway). I don't think it's those, but maybe it is, I am genuinely surprised to see yours is fine. Though it must be roll reversal as I didn't lose my notifications after I clicked the survey away.  What's going off, I'm so confused! I will do some digging at this end. Thanks again for replying.

DS
Seasoned Champion

Hang on a minute, could the survey be the trigger after all?

After I clicked post on the above, it posted and the survey popped up, having clicked no thanks normal functionality has returnedHuh

fwiw, here's the survey with our ID's included:

survey.PNG

(you can see the content behind just in case this was only me)

And here's the reply window earlier:

not again.PNG

As you can see, nothing much was showing

So how could a survey do this?

Or was it something else?

jab1
Legend

Might be totally wrong here, because it isn't my area of expertise, but that sounds like some type of routing problem?

John
DS
Seasoned Champion

quoting to test Mr Forum Moderator Sir Wink

@jab1 wrote:

Might be totally wrong here, because it isn't my area of expertise, but that sounds like some type of routing problem?

If it was, it was a blip. But that does kinda make sense. Anoush has posted that one of their IT guys is working on their data centres, maybe it was that (yes I know I mentioned it on the other thread, but guess the survey could be a red herring).

Apart from closing my browser, running CC, opening it again, nothing changed here, nothing at all....?Crazy2

jab1
Legend

@DS wrote:

Hang on a minute, could the survey be the trigger after all?

After I clicked post on the above, it posted and the survey popped up, having clicked no thanks normal functionality has returnedHuh

fwiw, here's the survey with our ID's included:

survey.PNG

(you can see the content behind just in case this was only me)

And here's the reply window earlier:

not again.PNG

As you can see, nothing much was showing

So how could a survey do this?

Or was it something else?

All I can say is 'weird' - no explanation from me, I'm afraid.

I don't know if you want to try this, but how about clicking the 'stay logged in' optionwhen you close down for the night, and see what happens tomorrow morning?

John
DS
Seasoned Champion

@jab1 wrote:

All I can say is 'weird' - no explanation from me, I'm afraid.

I don't know if you want to try this, but how about clicking the 'stay logged in' optionwhen you close down for the night, and see what happens tomorrow morning?

No bother John, glad you posted, that's the main thing Smiley

I may opt for staying logged in too Wink

(what could possibly go wrong with leaving it logged in over nightLips_are_sealedAzn)