11 REPLIES 11
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: What went wrong with unread topics

I am going to need some kind of context Jim Smiley

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Clicked on  my Unread Topic Link from the browser  https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/thread and that was what I saw

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry Jim, you're going to need to give me a clue here. I don't see where the issue is... it looks like the normal unread topics page to me.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Could it be, that for a frequent contributor like @Oldjim the Unread count is unusually high?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

It looks like all posts have been marked as new.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As others have pointed out - there should only have been a few unread topics and posts not masses

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Very odd. Yes, I can see why that would be a bit strange seeing as you had probably read most of the replies in the topic already. I am not sure why this would happen - I would need to raise this with Lithium support.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

May I ask if it was just a few topics or was the entire site marked as 'new' for you?

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

It's quite easy to mark all posts as new by mistake when the intention was to mark all posts read to get round forum bugs.

dVtAqs6

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The weird thing is that this has happened to me in the past once or twice. I could have sworn that I had never cleared everything or marked all as new. One day I had a look at the forum page and the column with the 'new' counter was the same as the total posts which would indicate that I had marked everything as 'new' at some point... but I didn't... well.. I thought I hadn't ... but I must of right? So I didn't think anything of it. Seeing Jims post here just confirms that the bug I was experiencing actually happened and I wasn't going crazy.
I have sent an email to Lithium support with all the details and a link to this thread. Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have received word from Lithium that the software update should have fixed this issue with the rogue 'new' replies counter being incorrect.