cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing latest posts first.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Viewing latest posts first.

On the last forum there was the ability to show latest posts at the top of the thread, how can I do the same on this version?

4 REPLIES 4
godsell4
Rising Star

Re: Viewing latest posts first.

I knew within 5s of seeing this forum that it was Lithium/Jive based, that is not a good thing! I hope PN staff will be able to make changes quickly to support users requests, at the company I work for, were we use Jive too, it was hated when it was rolled out and our IT folk seem unwilling to make changes and just wait for Lithium to make changes which takes a long time to happen. So I have +1 the suggestion by Mook, also please provide a simple link to mark all forums/posts as read, because with just these two changes it makes it easy for a person to come to the forum, see any new posts, browse that list, then if nothing of interest, click the 'mark all read' link and walk away ... come back later and repeat this cycle.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I know you can jump to the latest unread post in a thread with a setting in your profile, but when you are on a board, you've discovered the 'Mark all as Read' under the Board options drop-down?

Also, if you click on the > on the Unread Posts module (or the Unread Topic module) you get a detail list of them and you can flick between Topics and Posts on the tabs there as well as choose Preview or Full text. In the Options drop down on the RHS you can 'Mark all Posts in Community as Read'.

HTH. Edit: Forgot to say those lists are latest at the top Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using this link at the moment https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message:full but it's still not as good as the previous view in the last forum.

To be honest I'm not 100% convinced that I like this new forum, there is a lot of wasted space and the layout is far from intuitive, but it may well grow on me.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

We've just got to keep on about it, until the unnecessary space is reduced.