Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use force9 email - Community logon sign up

FIXED
rich63
Dabbler

Unable to use force9 email - Community logon sign up

Plusnet,

I find it a bit poor that the community forum doesn't allow emails that belong to the plusnet group to be a valid email.

I tried using box@myusername.force9.co.uk

It not very professional is it when you can't use your own business format emails???

3 REPLIES 3
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Unable to use force9 email - Community logon sign up

Hi @rich63,

I just registered a new account using that email format and it works fine for me and I was able to register with the email

box@myusername.force9.co.uk

Did you try submitting the registration form with your credentials? It did come up with 'please use a valid email' but it let me register anyway when hitting the submit button.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

rich63
Dabbler

I don't think I did try a submit but when it comes up in RED that to use a valid email you expect it to be so.

You either need to add the template(or recode) to allowed filter(so it doesn't prompt as invalid) or remove it completely so as not to frustrate other users.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Fix

I have raised this with Lithium to look into. It would seem that the clientside validation does not match the server side validation. Unfortunately this isn't something I am able to change so I need to get the software vendors involved in this.

You are free to change your current user to be your force9 email address in the user settings here. You will just need to verify your email afterwards. Let me know if you need anything else at all.

Thanks

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.