cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL Colours - (Followed links)

Not applicable

URL Colours - (Followed links)

URLs in the 'Recent Blog Posts' box don't change colour to indicate that you have visited a URL, unless you specifically used the URL in the Recent Blog Posts box to read a post.
I would imagine that once a URL has been visited, all links to that URL should be coloured to indicate that you had visited that page.
8 REPLIES 8
Colin
Grafter

Re: URL Colours - (Followed links)

It should do - if it isn't, it means the link is different. The changing of the colours is handled by browsers, not the website (the website dictates the colour, the browser does it if you've visited it)
Colin
Grafter

You and me both...
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I went to Plans for the Week via Blogs, The Web Portal Team then clicked the Plans for the Week title.
Now when I go to the Community home page the colour of the link in Recent Blog Posts has changed colour.
It appears to be working correctly to me.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The URL for Link presentation on the portal ends ...2007/04/16/link-presentation/ - not the full title of the post which seems to be the case for most other things. I wonder if that is something to do with it.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Yes I am reading the topic.
The mystery seems to be why in the recent blogs box the link is http://community.plus.net/webportal/2007/04/16/27/ whereas the others have the title of the post in the URL.
If you go to http://community.plus.net/comms/ and hover the mouse over the titles you will see that the URL usually has the title with spaces replaced by hyphen and some special characters removed.
If you go to http://community.plus.net/webportal/ you will find that is also generally the rule - but not for Link presentation on the portal. That is something different about that post which may explain why it is failing.
I'm wondering if the title of the post was changed after it was made and that is what is confusing things.
With only 5 recent blog posts it is difficult to see if that is the case - there are some older blog entries where the URL name is different. Perhaps the number of recent blog entries could be temporarily increased as a diagnostic to see if there are other posts which behave in a strange way.
Colin
Grafter

Looks like the guid for the post is different to it's permalink... which is what's caused this issue. I'll look in to it, but I suspect it will be considered a minor issue.
Tamlyn
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
I'm wondering if the title of the post was changed after it was made and that is what is confusing things.

Exactly. I accidentally posted it without a title at first so it came up as /27/ then I went back and added a title but it didn't change the url so I edited the url (or 'slug' as wordpress calls it). Sorry for the confusion!
On a related note though, the blog title probably shouldn't be a link to itself. It looks funny cos it's always the visited colour (and it's useless).
Colin
Grafter

This should now be fixed... the title is no longer a link.
The different links in the sidebars is not something we can fix.