Did you mean: 

'Top fixers' panel

FIXED
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: 'Top fixers' panel

@JonoH wrote:

I think I've a button that removes all fixes from an account so if we were precious about it we could likely rectify it, it's one of the reason why all new starters create a new forum account rather than use any existing one, and I'll nuke it if and when they depart.

That sounds a bit 'Hotel California-esque' @JonoH - surely it would be fairer to lock the leaving staffers account/fix-score rather than remove it (which is what I presume nuking it would be), and give them credit where it's due?.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@RobPN wrote:

That sounds a bit 'Hotel California-esque' @JonoH - surely it would be fairer to lock the leaving staffers account/fix-score rather than remove it (which is what I presume nuking it would be), and give them credit where it's due?.

Most community members would never compete with someone who has at any point done this for a living. If for example @Gandalf left then He'd immediately be credited for

Fixes: 1,024

Now this is his full time job, on an account he made in work time, if he want's to continue to post after he leaves he has a second account for that, because some people enjoy trying to top the leader board, or seeing how they rank amongst other members of the community. 
We deliberately made it so that community members weren't in competition with staff, removing a staff badge puts historic fixes back on the leader board.

Long and short of it is, if you want to keep your account (very few staff members have this option) we should likely remove your fixes, if you don't want to keep your account and I can retire it, you can keep it all.
 Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Very strange behaviour. As far as I know the code hasn't been tinkered with from our side.

I will have to send an email to the software vendor (Khoros) and see if there is anything they have done that borked it.

Additionally, as has already been pointed out, the time period selection for top fix authors doesn't work either and it looks like its just showing everything.

When I get some kind of answer or solution, I will return.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sent an email off to support. Not much we can do as noone has changed anything in the admin and there have been no recent code changes that would affect that panel.
Will keep you guys posted.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Jack - so great to see you back in this space. You been missed greatly.

Off topic slightly but would you be able to ask the vendors how did they bork the TinyMC editor configuration please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Fix

Hi @jaread83  I've already emailed support Smiley Hopefully, one of us hears something soon.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I got word back from support that a bug was identified in the panel and a fix will be applied in the next software update.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

As this is apparently 'fixed' I have credited @JonoH with the fix - sorry, @jaread83 , but as he claimed to have emailed Khoros before you... 😉

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Not fixed entirely. Retired Plusnet staff are not excluded from the leader board.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Hadn't noticed that, @Townman - I have it set to 'last 30 days' for normal display, and that is showing as I expect. Very rarely look at the full board.

John
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have had word back from the devs that this is now fixed. It looks like it did before to me, do you guys agree?

jab1
Legend

Agreed, @jaread83 

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jaread83 wrote:
I have had word back from the devs that this is now fixed. It looks like it did before to me, do you guys agree?

Than depends on how one defines the scope of the problem...

1. All options showed the same results
  2. Results include staff members which should be omitted

I would agree that (1) is fixed.

In respect of (2) current staff accounts are omitted, however retired staff remain included.  Thereby someone not included for obvious reasons will become included upon leaving the business.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

On review, I now doubt that (1) is actually fixed ... or there is a 3rd problem - the results (contents) of the now filtered time slice reports are flawed.

Chris left the business in Jan 2020, but is credited with a fix within the last 7 days.

His most recent post being credited as a fix comes from Jan 2020.

I recognise the possibility of some ancient post being credited as the fix quite recently, however the recent fixes report - Search - Plusnet Community - does not suggest that this is the case.

Therefore if this is fixed, why does a post made nearly 18 months ago appear as a fix made within the last 7 days?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jaread83 

Hi Jack,

Can you poke this space again please?

The stats are wrong again - litmus test is that the ALL TIME figures do not match the Thanks Counts on the individual's profile.

Tagged this on here, rather than starting a new topic.

EDIT: and there it was - fixed - unless there is a server out of step?