Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Rich Text editor to HTML editor crashed Firefox

Anonymous
Not applicable

Switching from Rich Text editor to HTML editor crashed Firefox

Just had an unusual fault.

Had just typed a single line of text into the Rich Text editor,  clicked on the HTML tab,  Firefox went to 100% CPU usage and stayed at 100%.  Firefox stopped responding to anything, couldn't close it either, so had to stop the Firefox task in the OS task manager.

On restarting Firefox, the forum editor page reloaded, but the CPU usage returned to normal.

Not seen that happen before, but thought I would log the problem here just in case it happened to someone else, if it wasn't a one-off event.

Undecided

3 REPLIES 3
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Switching from Rich Text editor to HTML editor crashed Firefox

It could just be FF.  I moved to FF47.0 in anticipation of its clearing the Authentication errors and I've had two such 'lock-ups' such as you describe in the last few days. Neither of them were whilst viewing this forum, but doing some maintenance on a website I look after.   Not doing anything clever - just happened out of the blue.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Most odd. It could be due to a new bug appeared in the forum - see

https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/Unable-to-Preview-a-PM-and-now-a-New-Topic-her...

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Looks like some strange things were happening on Saturday. I have replied on the thread mentioned by @Anotherone in the hopes of getting some data to send to Lithium to have a look at what happened.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.