cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superuser Program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Superuser Program

@Browni - It's obviously related to the fact the @MauriceC is an SU I'd say. Have you given thanks to others since your status change? If so were there other Thanks there prior to yours. It may be because you are the first and only 'Thanks' on this post.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I am aware of this @Browni as my original code had not taken into account the raised thanks weight. It has already been fixed on the staging site and will be fixed upon releasing the next update (which should be sometime soon).

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Cheers @jaread83.

@Anonymous what status change?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Browni - To Super user, not the correct turn of phrase I have to admit.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

For clarity a SU thanks / like is worth 2 points!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

@Townman wrote:

why?
Not impressed with that,  too elitist.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@npr wrote:

why?

We spoke to a lot of other Lithium Communities running similar Superuser programs and we found that most of them had applied elevated weight to the kudos system.

We want the Superusers to make their vote count for a little bit more as we trust their judgement and approval when it comes to voting for other helpful posts created by non-superuser members. It's not like the superusers will be gaming the system or anything like that. We just want to encourage helpful users and have those helful posts get votes to be noticed more.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Browni
Aspiring Hero

@npr wrote:

@Townman wrote:

why?

Could be because they are rare as the initial chosen few were hardly prolific posters Grin

npr
Pro

@jaread83 wrote:

We spoke to a lot of other Lithium Communities running similar Superuser programs and we found that most of them had applied elevated weight to the kudos system.

Should have realised it's a Lithium thing. Roll_eyes

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@npr,

Not impressed with that,  too elitist

I am not too sure that I am either, but it is what it is.  Personally I do not over subscribe to the whole kudos system, but it is thought to encourage community, membership and contributions.  I do not really see my thanks / like being worth two of yours (particularly yours) or anyone else's.  However, just to so encourage you I liked the above comment so you get double-bubble points!

@Browni

Could be because they are rare as the initial chosen few were hardly prolific posters Grin

Not quite sure what you are trying to say here.  Sure I don't post in the chitty-chatty place, but most of the SUs have made substantial contributions to the core technical space over the years.  What are you looking for - volume or quality from the SUs?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Browni
Aspiring Hero

@Townman

One of the requirements listed was An avid and active forum user and unless some of the SU's have been on holiday for the past 18 months I must have blinked and missed them.

npr
Pro

@Townman,

Sorry I didn't see this thread / initiative earlier, it's now a tad late to throw my two pence worth in, but I do hope it works better here than it did in the O2 forum. That was Lithium as well Wink

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Browni

Personally I did take a sabbatical from the forums from Oct 2016 through to around March this year as I was disappointed at the level of coverage from CRT and the friction being caused by some forum members.  Prior to that I had been avid and active for years.

Through a series of chance comments I was asked to return to continue contributing to helping users ... on the basis that the cover from the social team has improved. 

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I don't think that the comment was specifically aimed at you but looking at the list one has to ask the question as I did on this thread when the superusers were announced

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

no of thanks still not fixed

2017-07-04_182106.jpg2017-07-04_182149.jpg