Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuff I like

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Stuff I like

Like everyone else I'm aware that quite-a-lot-of-bugs are temporarily affecting ease of use of this new forum, but I just wanted to flag up something that (for me, anyway) has made it a lot easier to work with.

On *Linear Layout* (route - click username, then 'My Settings' on flyout, preferences, preference options, linear layout) there's an option for "Linear Format: Posts per page when viewing a topic" where it's possible to put a higher number (have used 50 which is the max allowed).

This makes it a whole lot easier to scroll through a lot of replies - don't mind moving the mouse to scroll down the side-bar but it was the endless back-and-forth from one page to another that was doing my head in : /

Just flagging up the option to change number-of-posts-per-page in case useful to anyone else - the old forum may well have had this facility but, if so, I never actually discovered that Smiley

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
2 REPLIES 2
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Stuff I like

You mean this setting Linear Layout? I'm glad you are finding it useful. I'm not so sure I would like all that scrolling on a mobile device Wink

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: Stuff I like

@Anotherone wrote:

You mean this setting Linear Layout?

lol    yes : )    a rather more direct route than the one I identified Smiley

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.