Stuck notifications

FIXED
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Stuck notifications

Recently a thread started by me received several notifications

Thursday

and 5 others replied to topic Re: Windows fertilizes!

I have viewed all posts of the thread and any others, but still 1 notification shows outstanding.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
4 REPLIES 4
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Stuck notifications

Is this the notification page (https://community.plus.net/t5/notificationfeed/page) or the unread status of the thread itself?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Luzern
Hero

The feed page has an uncleared item from the mentioned thread, although I have read all its posts.

BTW, do old notifications ultimately fall off the list? Me, I cannot see much merit in keeping them for eternity.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Fix
Hi @Luzern,

The stuck notification status seems to be a database indexing issue that happens sometimes. Notifications are cleared on the database as soon as you visit the notification feed page normally. Lithium are looking into the bug.

For old notifications on the feed, they do eventually drop off but its not done by date/time; its done by the amount of notifications. You can scroll to the bottom of the page and load previous items, it will effectively load page 2 of the feed and inject it into the page via ajax. You can do this about 5 times before it stops - so you can't see notifications past that point. If you are not a very active user, it's possible to see notifications going back a long long time if there isn't much to display from the feed as it will only get a certain amount of feed items.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Luzern
Hero

Thank you for the explanations. Smiley