Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spellchecking

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Spellchecking

Even after I'd added the UK Dictionary and Language pack to Firefox I found that posting replies was still using the US English spellchecker.

Simple FIX:   In the message area do a 'right click'; select 'language' from the options and then UK English.  It will now default to UK spellchecking.

Apologies to the experts who knew this.  Angel

4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Re: Spellchecking

Thank YOU Maurice Thumbs Up  I was having a similar problem of late - couldn't understand why as it wasn't like it before, but hadn't got round to investigating - I thought I'd done something stupid with my dictionary updates.

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Even after I'd added the UK Dictionary and Language pack to Firefox I found that posting replies was still using the US English spellchecker.

Simple FIX: In the message area do a 'right click'; select 'language' from the options and then UK English. It will now default to UK spellchecking.

Apologies for repeating this post. It's a pragmatic solution to the fact that a first post cannot be tagged as a 'Fix'

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed HTML to resolve display issues

Community Veteran

Using an earlier version of Pale Moon (firefox variant) I found that the dictionary had a tendency to revert back to the US dictionary. Now I've updated to a more newer (not the latest) version it seems to be sticking to the "Real English" dictionary ok.

I still have the occasional check which is probably a good thing

Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Just checked mine and neither were selected - which I had done previously - I wonder if that was because of the dictionary update I did the other day Undecided - will remember to check in a day or so.