Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spellchecking

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Spellchecking

Even after I'd added the UK Dictionary and Language pack to Firefox I found that posting replies was still using the US English spellchecker.

Simple FIX:   In the message area do a 'right click'; select 'language' from the options and then UK English.  It will now default to UK spellchecking.

Apologies to the experts who knew this.  Angel

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

4 REPLIES 4
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Spellchecking

Thank YOU Maurice Thumbs_Up  I was having a similar problem of late - couldn't understand why as it wasn't like it before, but hadn't got round to investigating - I thought I'd done something stupid with my dictionary updates.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Even after I'd added the UK Dictionary and Language pack to Firefox I found that posting replies was still using the US English spellchecker.

Simple FIX: In the message area do a 'right click'; select 'language' from the options and then UK English. It will now default to UK spellchecking.

Apologies for repeating this post. It's a pragmatic solution to the fact that a first post cannot be tagged as a 'Fix'

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed HTML to resolve display issues

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Using an earlier version of Pale Moon (firefox variant) I found that the dictionary had a tendency to revert back to the US dictionary. Now I've updated to a more newer (not the latest) version it seems to be sticking to the "Real English" dictionary ok.

I still have the occasional check which is probably a good thing

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Just checked mine and neither were selected - which I had done previously - I wonder if that was because of the dictionary update I did the other day Undecided - will remember to check in a day or so.