Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIte load process / performance

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: SIte load process / performance

Strange. Looking at the statistics, the average page load time over the last 7500 page visits has gone down to 200ms for the homepage (which is the longest average load time) and other pages range from 80ms to 17ms. It has improved without a doubt... but I am not sure why you're still seeing long page load times.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@jaread83 Still like watching paint dry when I try most actions in the Community, Jack. Strange no-one else is reporting it, and I appreciate it is low priority - and maybe just me.

No need to worry unduly - I'm off to sunny Brighton in just over a week, so I'll see what happens on a 200Mb Virgin connection down there and report back.

John
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Let me know how it goes on a faster connection @jab1 if you can but don't worry too much about it if you're on your holly bobs down south!

This will be the first year that I am not going to see my family in Bristol for Christmas Sad

Load times seem to be okay for me most days... there was one time where it took an age to load for a couple of hours but I wasn't able to identify what was causing that apart from a 404 not found on a jQuery library hosted with Google.. which I have since fixed.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

performance has been pretty poor for the last few days for me, taking 20-30 seconds after a click for pages to load.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Generally the page loading time has been fine for a few weeks now.

But!  Having said that, yesterday at about 11:15 there was a short period (about 10 minutes) when loading forum posts were taking 20 - 30 secs with frequent 'waiting for plusnet community' until the page first rendered.  Then a page re-render and a bit of repositioning.   Returned to normal and no further problems.

Today page loading has been OK, but a few sporadic page re-renders about 3 seconds after initial load.  Far too sporadic to catch anything useful though.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@jaread83 I'm still having to wait ages for pages to load,still seeing 'waiting for community.......' , even though I have used an ethernet connected machine on a Virgin connection, supposedly on a 200Mb connection.

John