cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replies being processed but text discarded.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Replies being processed but text discarded.

I replied to someone in a topic I started... included some pictures... hit Post.... back to topic.... NOTHING! Just a blank post with my signature. It took me a while to compose it too.

So I try again.... but this time I thought I'd click the html tab of the editor and copy it all just incase it does it again. Guess what? I get to the html text and it's also now blank. So I can't even copy / paste it should a Post click see it get lost.

I've then replied with text only... it accepted that.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
13 REPLIES 13
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Replies being processed but text discarded.

Hi @7up,

Sorry to hear that this happened. I understand how infuriating that would be so I will raise a support ticket with the vendor.

Would it be possible to give me a rough estimate of the time that you were experiencing this? Lithium will check the server logs for that particular time to see what happened. Can you let me know what browser you are using and the version number?

I will raise a support ticket as soon as I get this information from you so that it can be looked into further.

Cheers

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

7up
Community Veteran

Probably about 5 minutes before this topic - maybe 10 for the initial reply I made.

Browser is chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m (64-bit) - not that it should make any difference, a http post request is still a http post request and it's only this buggy piece of junk that has given me any trouble.

It only seemed to happen if i had images in the post.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the info @7up, I will get this raised right away and see if Lithium can figure out what happened.

Out of curiosity, have you been able to post with an image since then? Is it the media manager to place images in the content (icon above the text editor) or the attachments (the browse button below)?

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

7up
Community Veteran

This:

screenshot_592

using the url option.

7up
Community Veteran

Interesting that it let me post that one.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I will try the same method of using the 'from url' part (using Chrome)

qIj873X

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That worked for me. It might have just been an anomaly at the time of posting.

I have raised a support ticket with Lithium anyway so they can have a look at the server log files to see what happened.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @7up, can you link me to the thread you were having issues in and the content of the post you were using that caused the issue to happen?

7up
Community Veteran

@jaread83 wrote:

That worked for me. It might have just been an anomaly at the time of posting.

Shouldn't have been, no server side language runs as a process 24/7 it just runs as code when it is called. Thus memory corruption, etc isn't quite as plausible and unless someone tinkered with the code at that particular time...

7up
Community Veteran

@jaread83 wrote:

Hi @7up, can you link me to the thread you were having issues in and the content of the post you were using that caused the issue to happen?

https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/One-for-the-old-skoolers-ACME/td-p/1356597

Content of the post? - Are you serious? I was unable to enter it three times, i'm not about to try again - not that i could remember it word for word anyway...

The two images however:

screenshot_587

screenshot_588

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for providing that. It looks like you are able to post images just fine now.

The reason I asked is because Lithium wanted to see what content it was that you were trying to post and to see if there was anything in your content and images that would cause an issue.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Is there the possibility that the SPAM filter had anything to do with this?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No, the spam filter did not catch anything (I check it at least twice a day now).

I have provided all the data to Lithium and they are looking into it.