Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated Notification and Email

FIXED
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Repeated Notification and Email

Well @jaread83 perhaps this thread needs to be unfixed as the problem seems to have raised its ugly head again. Was there a Software upgrade since the 17th? because I'm getting multiple Notification emails for every edit since this post on that thread. To be clear I have only had the one Notification in my Notification Feed but it has been updated to the latest post (the correct behaviour).

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I received two emails for this post, timed 15:35 and 15:37.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@jelv,

Looking at the post, it was created at 15:35 and editted again at 15:37 which correlates with the emails that was sent... so you would have got another email when it was created and when it was editted. I know that the email isn't clear about that ... it uses the same template and doesn't highlight what was changed.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@jaread83 wrote:
............. so you would have got another email when it was created and when it was edited. ............

@jaread83 Haven't you missed the point? In Message 15 you implied that " I no longer get multiple notifications for the edit."

Unless I've missed something (I will check when I have time), I've not noticed that I've been getting multiple emails when posts have been edited until the one I highlighted in Message 16 .

Edit: corrected Jack's spelling in the quote

Edit2: Having checked, it seems I have had repeated emails for edits prior to my example. I haven't checked back that far, so the question is how long has it been happening and was it ever fixed for emails?