rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Ranking system going crazy?

@jaread83  sorry Sad  its still a Bug grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

OH DEAR EmbarrassedLips_are_sealedrank.JPG

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Right then... digging into the settings I have the ability to turn the 'rank formula' off.

I looked at the formulas and they are incrementing in a logical way with plenty of buffer between... but this bug has gone on for long enough and I have to do something as that isn't right at all.

I will switch off the 'rank formula' on a number of higher ranks until this is resolved. Hopefully that will fix this temporarily until Lithium figure out what is going on.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have switched off the formulas for many higher ranks which will provide a much larger buffer between each rank. The 'aspiring' and 'seasoned' variations of the ranks can no longer be obtained but I have left the main rank formulas in place.

Please let me know if this bug is still happening? This is the only other thing I can think of to fix this temporarily - the other would be to switch off all rank formulas altogether which will be a last resort.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Posted this more to find out what rank the system currently thinks I am?   4 grades in 24 hours, I must have done something really good.  Just wish I could remember what it was.  Cry

Ranking.jpg

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

As you can see @jaread83  I'm now a perspiring legend?  I thought you'd switched this rank off - see earlier post.

How about a 'random' rank based on birthdate; No. of posts; phase of the Moon? Funny

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for not spotting this before but your rank shouldn't be that high (its almost at the top!) and you should be set to Seasoned Champion...

nadger
Rising Star

@MauriceC It does seem that those of us who have been here for over 10 years, and spent years on PUG, ended up in the lower ranks Cry

MauriceC
Resting Legend

In my case I had to change my Username to MauriceC from MauriceB 'cos of a problem in the SMF forum and the history got lost in the migration.  Not bothered too much by ranking.

M

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Rank formulas have now been disabled across the board.

I don't mind leaving you guys with these higher ranks considering the length of time you have been here. But looking at others that haven't been here for years and have 1 post.. they seem to also have been given that rank. Not many.. but I am able to see who has got the ranks.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Just had another notification that I'm a Leg end again.  Hey Ho it's a crazy worldCrazy2

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like @nadger also got the same. Legend is a rank is the highest rank obtainable.

I have given Lithium a prod to look into this again as this is getting silly now.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@jaread83 - the system is going crazy - see pic Wink

Ranking.PNG

John
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

The Superuser program will probably break things again Grin
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

I've gone from aspiring legend to legend after doing nothing more than checking my notifications.

(Got to go now - going to click on notifications again to see I've just become a National Treasure! Cheesy)